Goal #1 - run
It`s Monday morning here and I`ve got my first run of the week done! My goal is to get out and run everyday this week M-F and maybe on Saturday too. From Saturday I`m going on a 2 night camping trip with 14 students from the English conversation school where I work. I`m hoping it will be fun, but who knows...
This morning I set my alarm for 6:00 to get out and run before Koichi woke up, but that didn`t happen. I ended up getting out of bed around 7:40. I made breakfast so Koichi could eat and then I packed his lunch while snacking on the watermelon that wouldn`t fit in his lunch box. I considered not running since it was already after 8:00. but I decided to just get out there and do it and now I`m glad I did!
Goal #2 - eat healthy meals & track food
About to make some breakfast now. I`m thinking I`ll make a green smoothie and have 1/4 of an avocado and some sliced tomatoes on the side, may even throw in an egg.
Lunch will most likely be chicken taquitos, which I make with egg roll wrappers instead of tortillas, and a big salad with lots of veggies.
Tonight`s dinner plan is asparagus, bamboo shoots, eggplant and carrots cut into sticks and wrapped with thin slices of pork and steamed in my microwavable silicone steamer, rice and miso soup and maybe a tofu salad or an onion and tomato salad.
Snacks are what kill me recently. I need to go and buy some fruit and pack small bags to take to the office with me. When I finish working at 7:30 I am usually starving and immediately start snacking when I get home even though I am making dinner. Today I will prepare dinner ahead of time so all I have to do is pop the steamer in the microwave when I walk in the door tonight.
I want to be better about tracking my food too! Some days I do great and others not so great. This week I will do my best to track everyday.
Goal #3 - clean my apartment
It`s pretty bad right now. Last night I made a list on the dry erase board on my fridge of things to do and I will check them off as I go. Originally I thought I would divide it into days, but I decided to just make the list and do as much as I can when I can. Today`s goal is the bathroom and the dining room table which I don`t think we`ve eaten on in over a month!
Goal #4 - study
I am planning to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test on July 1 and I need to be studying kanji characters almost everyday. There are 5 levels to the test and I passed the second highest (Level 2) about 3 years ago. There`s a huge gap between Level 2 and Level 1 so I haven`t been in a hurry to try, but I`m the type of person that if I don`t have something to study for, I won`t study at all!
And those are my goals for this week. I suppose they aren`t so different from any other week, but it`s good for me to get them written somewhere so I feel a little bit of accountability.
It`s Monday morning here and I`ve got my first run of the week done! My goal is to get out and run everyday this week M-F and maybe on Saturday too. From Saturday I`m going on a 2 night camping trip with 14 students from the English conversation school where I work. I`m hoping it will be fun, but who knows...
This morning I set my alarm for 6:00 to get out and run before Koichi woke up, but that didn`t happen. I ended up getting out of bed around 7:40. I made breakfast so Koichi could eat and then I packed his lunch while snacking on the watermelon that wouldn`t fit in his lunch box. I considered not running since it was already after 8:00. but I decided to just get out there and do it and now I`m glad I did!
Goal #2 - eat healthy meals & track food
About to make some breakfast now. I`m thinking I`ll make a green smoothie and have 1/4 of an avocado and some sliced tomatoes on the side, may even throw in an egg.
Lunch will most likely be chicken taquitos, which I make with egg roll wrappers instead of tortillas, and a big salad with lots of veggies.
Tonight`s dinner plan is asparagus, bamboo shoots, eggplant and carrots cut into sticks and wrapped with thin slices of pork and steamed in my microwavable silicone steamer, rice and miso soup and maybe a tofu salad or an onion and tomato salad.
Snacks are what kill me recently. I need to go and buy some fruit and pack small bags to take to the office with me. When I finish working at 7:30 I am usually starving and immediately start snacking when I get home even though I am making dinner. Today I will prepare dinner ahead of time so all I have to do is pop the steamer in the microwave when I walk in the door tonight.
I want to be better about tracking my food too! Some days I do great and others not so great. This week I will do my best to track everyday.
Goal #3 - clean my apartment
It`s pretty bad right now. Last night I made a list on the dry erase board on my fridge of things to do and I will check them off as I go. Originally I thought I would divide it into days, but I decided to just make the list and do as much as I can when I can. Today`s goal is the bathroom and the dining room table which I don`t think we`ve eaten on in over a month!
Goal #4 - study
I am planning to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test on July 1 and I need to be studying kanji characters almost everyday. There are 5 levels to the test and I passed the second highest (Level 2) about 3 years ago. There`s a huge gap between Level 2 and Level 1 so I haven`t been in a hurry to try, but I`m the type of person that if I don`t have something to study for, I won`t study at all!
And those are my goals for this week. I suppose they aren`t so different from any other week, but it`s good for me to get them written somewhere so I feel a little bit of accountability.
Comments
Post a Comment