I want to be a regular blogger, but like everything else I try to do I just can`t stick with it! That is something I want to change and I figured what better time than the first of the month. It`s August 1 here today and I have been thinking of my goals for the month this morning.
1) blog at least a little every week day. Some days may only be a picture or just one sentence, but I want to get in the habit of logging on during the week. I can`t guarantee weekends because sometimes I`m not home and sometimes I just want to turn all the technology off and veg for a Sunday with my husband :)
2) exercise!!! This is one of the things I have the hardest time sticking with and I really don`t know why because I love how I feel after a good workout. I will look at my work schedule today and pencil in what time I can work out each day. I`m hoping that if I write it down it`ll be easier to make myself do it. Today`s workout will be done when I come home from working at the YMCA around noon. I`ll come home, work out, shower, make lunch and then go to my classroom around 3:30.
3) get back to my cleaning schedule! A couple of months ago I found this great weekday cleaning guide on pinterest. I printed out a template and made my own cleaning schedule where I focus on one room each day M-Th and then do any touch-ups or things I didn`t get around to the first 4 days on Friday. Then I get to relax on the weekend. I did really great for about 2-3 weeks, then we had a holiday and my work schedule changed and I haven`t been able to get back to it since. My apartment is a bit messier than I like it and I need to get back to my cleaning schedule ASAP!
4) study! I was signed up to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test on July 1, but thanks to a nasty summer cold the previous week I didn`t get to go. I`m not all that sad about missing the exam because I know I wasn`t ready and probably wouldn`t have passed. The next test is in early December and I want to take it then. I have to be able to read about 2000 kanji characters though and while I read enough to get through daily life now, I don`t read that much yet. My goal is just 10 minutes of reading and writing practice a day. I figure some days 10 minutes will be enough and other days it will fly by and I`ll end up studying for close to an hour.
And those are my 4 main goals for August!
1) blog at least a little every week day. Some days may only be a picture or just one sentence, but I want to get in the habit of logging on during the week. I can`t guarantee weekends because sometimes I`m not home and sometimes I just want to turn all the technology off and veg for a Sunday with my husband :)
2) exercise!!! This is one of the things I have the hardest time sticking with and I really don`t know why because I love how I feel after a good workout. I will look at my work schedule today and pencil in what time I can work out each day. I`m hoping that if I write it down it`ll be easier to make myself do it. Today`s workout will be done when I come home from working at the YMCA around noon. I`ll come home, work out, shower, make lunch and then go to my classroom around 3:30.
3) get back to my cleaning schedule! A couple of months ago I found this great weekday cleaning guide on pinterest. I printed out a template and made my own cleaning schedule where I focus on one room each day M-Th and then do any touch-ups or things I didn`t get around to the first 4 days on Friday. Then I get to relax on the weekend. I did really great for about 2-3 weeks, then we had a holiday and my work schedule changed and I haven`t been able to get back to it since. My apartment is a bit messier than I like it and I need to get back to my cleaning schedule ASAP!
4) study! I was signed up to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test on July 1, but thanks to a nasty summer cold the previous week I didn`t get to go. I`m not all that sad about missing the exam because I know I wasn`t ready and probably wouldn`t have passed. The next test is in early December and I want to take it then. I have to be able to read about 2000 kanji characters though and while I read enough to get through daily life now, I don`t read that much yet. My goal is just 10 minutes of reading and writing practice a day. I figure some days 10 minutes will be enough and other days it will fly by and I`ll end up studying for close to an hour.
And those are my 4 main goals for August!
Comments
Post a Comment