Skip to main content

This Is IT!

*I wrote this on another site (fathellninjas) and copied it here too.


I weighed on Tuesday this week and was shocked to see I was back up to 90kg (198lbs). Last year on April 2 I started trying to track my weight weekly and my starting weight was 92.2kg. When I realized that I'm slowly creeping back to that starting weight it shocked me! Since April of last year my lowest weight was 85.7kg (188lbs) in November of last year. That means that in just over 6 months I have put 10lbs of weight back on...disgusting! I started Weight Watchers in late May thinking it would help me and I used it casually for the first month or so. After seeing that 90.0 on the scale this week I've gotten back to it and I'm slowly but surely coming to terms with the idea that this won't be a fast process and that I have to make changes for good, not just for a quick solution! 

On Tuesday I did fairly well. I stayed within my points and I worked out! Yesterday was a different story. I was off work which leads to ridiculous amounts of snacking for me. It didn't help that I am on the verge of starting my period which amplifies any cravings I have for salty things and chocolate. I went way over on my points without reporting my late night brownie & milk snack last night :( and I didn't work out. 

Today I got up and immediately thought about working out. I ate breakfast:
egg white, onions and mushrooms w/ a tsp of olive oil; 50g of homemade hummus and a cucumber; cocoa flavored soy milk for a total of 5 points! I have already gotten my workout for the day done as well! I will eat lunch at home: salad w/ spinach, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, carrot and chicken breast w/ low cal dressing and probably hummus and a couple of crackers. I will cut up a peach to take to work for a snack so I don't eat chips and junk there!

My immediate goals are to stay within my points and do some kind of exercise daily. I drink tons of water anyway so I don't have to make that a goal. I'm trying not to think of an overall amount I want to lose because that's too daunting for me. For now my goal is to lose just 5 pounds! My starting weight when I signed up for WW was 196 so I want to get to 191 first!

Koichi and I are talking about when to have kids and honestly I want to lose weight before I get pregnant so I don't end up weighing way over 200lbs! I feel so big here as it is I know if I add a baby to my current size I'll be miserable! This is it, I have to make a commitment to change NOW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week`s goals

Goal #1 - run It`s Monday morning here and I`ve got my first run of the week done! My goal is to get out and run everyday this week M-F and maybe on Saturday too. From Saturday I`m going on a 2 night camping trip with 14 students from the English conversation school where I work. I`m hoping it will be fun, but who knows... This morning I set my alarm for 6:00 to get out and run before Koichi woke up, but that didn`t happen. I ended up getting out of bed around 7:40. I made breakfast so Koichi could eat and then I packed his lunch while snacking on the watermelon that wouldn`t fit in his lunch box. I considered not running since it was already after 8:00. but I decided to just get out there and do it and now I`m glad I did! Goal #2 - eat healthy meals & track food About to make some breakfast now. I`m thinking I`ll make a green smoothie and have 1/4 of an avocado and some sliced tomatoes on the side, may even throw in an egg. Lunch will most likely be chicken taqu...

TGIF

I love Fridays! Thursdays are pretty long for me and I have a few tough classes and then on Friday I have a really easy day with good kids and almost the entire day free. Plus, the weekend is near! Yesterday I was lucky to finish at 4:30 in the afternoon. I had to do some shopping for our upcoming camping trip so I texted my friend Kazuko to see if I could drop by her place. She said yes and I picked up some take out curry and headed over. We had dinner and talked and I played with her kids who are so adorable. It was a nice break from the kids I get to see everyday! I needed to get away from my everyday routine so it was a good visit. Here`s what I`ve got going on today: 1) fold and put away laundry (I`m bad about folding and leaving!) 2) clean kitchen and dining room table 3) Swiffer floors because they`re gritty with volcanic ash 4) exercise at 9:00 (that will make 3 days in a row) 5) Face Time with my sister!! I love planning things to do on the weekends. So far this wee...

Headache -> Cancelled plans

I was supposed to have friends over for a 鍋 (hot-pot) party tonight. I`d invited Kazuko`s family and Miki`s family and we were all looking forward to a fun evening eating, drinking, talking and laughing. Unfortunately I have had a headache since yesterday evening so my plans were cancelled. I thought it would be better when I woke up this morning, but it wasn`t. I went to work at 9:00 for a lesson and thought some coffee would help, but it didn`t. After work I decided to suck it up and go to the gym to work out thinking the exercise would clear my head and take the pain away, but it didn`t. After I came home I discussed with Koichi that I would take some medicine and if my head was still hurting around 3:00pm that I would contact both friends and cancel the evening. Around that time I got a message from Kazuko that her son had a runny nose and that he and her husband would stay home because she didn`t want his germs to spread to Miki`s 8 month old baby. So I made the decision then to g...