I haven`t posted in ages. I suck at blogging and I know this, but when I get in a good blogging routine I really enjoy it.
What prompted me to even venture over to my neglected blog today was reading the blog of a college friend / sorority sister. She recently found out that she has breast cancer and is blogging about her experience. I totally admire her for being able to put those kinds of thoughts and feelings into words at all, much less being able to sit and type them out. Anyway, when I commented on her post there was a place to enter my website, so I clicked the button on my toolbar and visited my site simply to copy and paste my info into the comment. Then I thought, if I`m going to post my website when I comment, perhaps I should try posting something of my own now and then.
For today`s post I will keep it simple. I don`t want to jump in the deep end on my first day back to the blog. I will simply leave with this request. If you`re a praying person or someone who believes in sending positive thoughts, please send some thoughts or prayers up for my sweet sister from college. I don`t want to post her real name, but she loves The King, so we`ll just call her Elvis here. Personally, I am praying for her peace and strength throughout this ordeal and for speedy healing. I believe that prayer and positive thinking can have a huge impact and that coupled with her own strength will be enough to fight the nasty disease that has invaded her body.
What prompted me to even venture over to my neglected blog today was reading the blog of a college friend / sorority sister. She recently found out that she has breast cancer and is blogging about her experience. I totally admire her for being able to put those kinds of thoughts and feelings into words at all, much less being able to sit and type them out. Anyway, when I commented on her post there was a place to enter my website, so I clicked the button on my toolbar and visited my site simply to copy and paste my info into the comment. Then I thought, if I`m going to post my website when I comment, perhaps I should try posting something of my own now and then.
For today`s post I will keep it simple. I don`t want to jump in the deep end on my first day back to the blog. I will simply leave with this request. If you`re a praying person or someone who believes in sending positive thoughts, please send some thoughts or prayers up for my sweet sister from college. I don`t want to post her real name, but she loves The King, so we`ll just call her Elvis here. Personally, I am praying for her peace and strength throughout this ordeal and for speedy healing. I believe that prayer and positive thinking can have a huge impact and that coupled with her own strength will be enough to fight the nasty disease that has invaded her body.
Comments
Post a Comment