First of all, I finished day 2 of week 4 on the couch to 5k program today! On Tuesday I had to walk a couple times on my last 2 jogs, but not today!!!
And now for more China...
Sunday, April 25
This was a day of leisure. Christy, Peter (her husband) and I went for what was supposed to be brunch, but actually ended up being lunch, at a place called Mrs. Shannen's. It was incredible! They had all kinds of western food like pizza and bagels and sandwiches and they sold a lot of organic stuff as well.
My meal, a veggie pita and I had a side salad.
After lunch we walked to a video store where they purchased some DVDs and then we took a cab to a shopping center with a grocery store called Jenny Lou's which had tons of foreign products and they weren't all that expensive really. I was shocked because here if I find foreign goods they're usually not cheap. After grocery shopping we put Pete in a cab and Christy and I went for mani/pedis followed by a stop at another shopping center for what was possibly the most delicious hot chocolate I've ever had! Then we walked home and had a nice quiet evening. They made a sausage veggie stew for dinner which went perfect for the sudden cold, windy weather.
Monday, April 26
I grabbed a cab from the front of the Crown Royal hotel again and had them take me to Yashow Market to do a little shopping and a lot of browsing! It was quite entertaining. The salespeople can speak English since a lot of the customers are tourists and they can be a little aggressive, following you and asking many times if you want to buy something. I ended up buying some neckties for Koichi, some souvenirs to send home to friends and family and a couple of scarves for myself! Afterward I just walked around by myself for awhile. Here are some of the pics I snapped along the way.
I loved all the different shapes of the buildings.
Another shot of the CCTV building, thought it was interesting to see such a cool, modern building right next to one rusting away.
Fun signs!
This is the same area I saw on the Saturday before that was full of people. Apparently on weekdays it's quite different. While walking around I came across a massage place and stopped for a massage. I requested an hour massage which was around $10! The guy doing it said my shoulders are bad, I always hear this in Japan too because my shoulders are too tight I guess. So he suggested I let him do some traditional Chinese massage therapy on me and ended up doing some cupping. I didn't get pics, but my back had round bruises up and down, all over it for about a week! Koichi was a little shocked when he saw them!
My lunch, I stopped in for Mexican...in Beijing. Odd combination I suppose, but the tacos were good!
Christy's complex was beautiful! Cute little gazebo.
And beautiful magnolias right outside her building.
This concludes Sunday-Monday of my trip. Just one more post and I'll be done with China.
And now for more China...
Sunday, April 25
This was a day of leisure. Christy, Peter (her husband) and I went for what was supposed to be brunch, but actually ended up being lunch, at a place called Mrs. Shannen's. It was incredible! They had all kinds of western food like pizza and bagels and sandwiches and they sold a lot of organic stuff as well.
My meal, a veggie pita and I had a side salad.
After lunch we walked to a video store where they purchased some DVDs and then we took a cab to a shopping center with a grocery store called Jenny Lou's which had tons of foreign products and they weren't all that expensive really. I was shocked because here if I find foreign goods they're usually not cheap. After grocery shopping we put Pete in a cab and Christy and I went for mani/pedis followed by a stop at another shopping center for what was possibly the most delicious hot chocolate I've ever had! Then we walked home and had a nice quiet evening. They made a sausage veggie stew for dinner which went perfect for the sudden cold, windy weather.
Monday, April 26
I grabbed a cab from the front of the Crown Royal hotel again and had them take me to Yashow Market to do a little shopping and a lot of browsing! It was quite entertaining. The salespeople can speak English since a lot of the customers are tourists and they can be a little aggressive, following you and asking many times if you want to buy something. I ended up buying some neckties for Koichi, some souvenirs to send home to friends and family and a couple of scarves for myself! Afterward I just walked around by myself for awhile. Here are some of the pics I snapped along the way.
I loved all the different shapes of the buildings.
Another shot of the CCTV building, thought it was interesting to see such a cool, modern building right next to one rusting away.
Fun signs!
This is the same area I saw on the Saturday before that was full of people. Apparently on weekdays it's quite different. While walking around I came across a massage place and stopped for a massage. I requested an hour massage which was around $10! The guy doing it said my shoulders are bad, I always hear this in Japan too because my shoulders are too tight I guess. So he suggested I let him do some traditional Chinese massage therapy on me and ended up doing some cupping. I didn't get pics, but my back had round bruises up and down, all over it for about a week! Koichi was a little shocked when he saw them!
My lunch, I stopped in for Mexican...in Beijing. Odd combination I suppose, but the tacos were good!
Christy's complex was beautiful! Cute little gazebo.
And beautiful magnolias right outside her building.
This concludes Sunday-Monday of my trip. Just one more post and I'll be done with China.
Comments
Post a Comment