I've always thought this is a good quote. I was reminded of it while watching Grey's Anatomy recently. I loved it when Meredith Grey said about Benjamin Franklin, "This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say." I think it's a good point!
I intended to go for a run yesterday. However, I put it off thinking I could do it today and now there's a torrential downpour going on outside and it's supposedly going to be that way ALL DAY! Ugh, why didn't I run yesterday?
Well, Koichi and I went for lunch around 12:30. There's this pan-Asian restaurant with a lunch buffet that we really like. The majority of the food is pretty healthy and then they have the tempura style fried shrimp and chocolate fondue fountain which I assume aren't quite as healthy. I always find it amusing to look at our plates when we eat at a buffet. It's always the same, mine is 75% veggies and 25% other while K's is the exact opposite (assuming even 25% is veggies!).! Even when I go back for a second serving I still focus on salad and other vegetables and add a little bit of meat. The thing I love about yesterday's restaurant is that even the "meat" isn't actually meat. It's fish or shrimp. There was some chicken in the spring rolls, which by the way they had this amazing wasabi mayonnaise dressing for, amazing! I've got to find out how to make it. I always go for the chocolate fondue fountain for dessert. They have a variety of things you can cover in chocolate: pieces of pancakes, baked sweet potato chunks, pineapple, bananas, marshmallows. Marshmallows are my favorites so I always get a couple of those. Yesterday I also had a couple of banana pieces and one pineapple chunk. I've gotta say, the chocolate covered pineapple wasn't half bad!
After lunch I dropped K off at his office so he could study for an exam he's taking today. I took the opportunity of him being gone on a Saturday to do some cleaning and I'm proud to say I got quite a bit done! I scrubbed the shower and sink area (the toilet room is his job!). I cleaned the entry way, tied up all the boxes for recycling on Monday, moved our clothes rack to give us more space in the "bedroom", took out all our winter clothes from the drawers so that I can store them. Now I've gotta do the living room area and put together 2 new bookshelves I bought last week. I've been looking for creative ways to organize/store things. Our place is made for a single person, not 2 people so it's quite crowded. I'm convinced that if I get it all organized we'll have more space and it'll be more comfortable.
What tips do you have for storing and organizing with little space?
I'm hoping the weather predictions are wrong and the rain will subside long enough later for me to get a run in, if not I'll have to go tomorrow. Today I will try to use my time wisely and get some more cleaning done. I may even post pics of our place after I get it all finished! That'll be good motivation for me to get it done.
Comments
Post a Comment