I decided last night that I was going to try to be positive today no matter what the day brought my way. Well I was tested right away this morning! I was making Koichi's bento (lunch box) and I'd already put in a half of a baked potato, a couple pieces of barbecue chicken and a few other freezer items that I'd heated up for him. I was about to put in some bread which I'd toasted when the bread burned my finger and I ended up knocking the bento box into the floor! Everything fell out and my eyes teared up. Koichi was of course an angel about it and helped me clean up and said he'd buy lunch today instead. I managed not to let it get me down!
School was fine today. I'm trying to stay positive around the boss and not let her ruin my days. I'm hoping if I have a positive attitude it will rub off on her. I'll be able to keep it up until I see her overreact about something in an inappropriate way again. Hopefully that won't happen for awhile. I love the kids and the moms, but I've decided that if I am talked to in front of children the way she talked to me last week, I will quit!
This evening I was on a live radio show! It's all part of promoting the school because there are only 40 students right now and they need more. A couple friends I haven't seen in awhile heard me and texted me this evening. Several mothers and students came to the studio to cheer us on. The studio is next to Starbucks here in Kagoshima and it's a room with a window so people can see inside while we're talking! Hopefully some people heard and will come to the school to see what it's like!
I slept for a bit before Koichi came home and when he came in I got up and prepared his plate for dinner. I'd already cooked so it was just a matter of heating it up. Now it's 11pm and I'm ready to go to bed I think. Ready for another positive day tomorrow!
I asked my facebook friends and I'll ask here too, do you have any positive affirmations that help you get through difficult moments? Tomorrow I'll share the ones I got today! Goodnight.
School was fine today. I'm trying to stay positive around the boss and not let her ruin my days. I'm hoping if I have a positive attitude it will rub off on her. I'll be able to keep it up until I see her overreact about something in an inappropriate way again. Hopefully that won't happen for awhile. I love the kids and the moms, but I've decided that if I am talked to in front of children the way she talked to me last week, I will quit!
This evening I was on a live radio show! It's all part of promoting the school because there are only 40 students right now and they need more. A couple friends I haven't seen in awhile heard me and texted me this evening. Several mothers and students came to the studio to cheer us on. The studio is next to Starbucks here in Kagoshima and it's a room with a window so people can see inside while we're talking! Hopefully some people heard and will come to the school to see what it's like!
I slept for a bit before Koichi came home and when he came in I got up and prepared his plate for dinner. I'd already cooked so it was just a matter of heating it up. Now it's 11pm and I'm ready to go to bed I think. Ready for another positive day tomorrow!
I asked my facebook friends and I'll ask here too, do you have any positive affirmations that help you get through difficult moments? Tomorrow I'll share the ones I got today! Goodnight.
My positive saying is from finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...!" :) You can do it Wendy!
ReplyDeletethanks meggy! i'm totally going to use that one :) now i want to watch finding nemo!!
ReplyDelete