Pot stickers, or "gyoza" in Japanese, are one of my favorite foods here. Koichi and I sometimes walk to the nearby "Gyoza no Osho" (literally: King of Gyoza) near our place for dinner and the gyoza there is so delicious!
I've wanted to try making homemade gyoza for awhile, but was too scared to do it on my own. Well, Saturday was my lucky night. Koichi and I had been out all afternoon and were trying to decide what to do for dinner when he suggested we make homemade gyoza! So we bought the dough, ground meat, cabbage, chives and flavoring sauce and headed home to get started.
King of Gyoza!
Place the filling on the dough
Fold the dough over
Place in frying pan and brown, then add water. Cook until water has cooked away and then...
flip over onto a plate. The top is nice and crispy and the bottoms are
nice and juicy!
And the verdict was... Delicious!!!
It was fun making them together, but the kitchen is so small that it's hard for both of us to be in there at the same time, so it's not something I'd want to do often.
On top of our delicious gyoza, it was an absolutely gorgeous weekend!
Koichi enjoying the view of Sakurajima
Me and the volcano
And before I go, something I discovered last week that surprised me:
It looks like just a normal vending machine, but those glass jars
contain homemade crepes! I had to buy one just to see how they were and I have to admit, they were pretty good!

Comments
Post a Comment