As soon as I've had breakfast and written this quick blog entry!
I finished week 1 of my C25K training last week without any problems. I ran on Saturday morning by myself and Koichi stayed home and watched TV. I've decided I'm not going to let him slow me down, if he wants to join me then I'd love that, but I can't not be active just because he isn't! On a side note, he was off work yesterday (Wednesday) to make up for having to go to a meeting on a Saturday last month. I went out to lunch with Kazuko, Mayu and one of Kazuko's friends she wanted me to meet. Other than that K and I spent the whole day together and I didn't eat any snacks!!! Usually when I'm here through the week I control myself really well, but on the weekends when he's here I snack a lot because he snacks a lot. So I was proud of us yesterday. He snacked some, but it was while I was out, so it didn't affect me!
Anyway, back to my training...I totally love the iPhone app that tells me when to run and when to walk. I just listen to my music and get lost in my thoughts, except I don't really think about anything in particular. I mostly think about running and walking for a long time and at the end of the journey is this thinner, healthier me that I can't wait to meet! I know, it's a little cheesy!
That's really all I have today. I'm going to finish my breakfast and big glass of water and get ready to go. After running I have to shower and head into the city to my travel agent to pay for my trip to China in a couple of weeks! I have a friend living in Beijing so I'm going to visit her. The timing works out well because I have to leave Japan by May 12 for visa purposes. I'm currently on a travel visa which only allows me 90 days in the country. So rather than paying for a ticket all the way to Texas I decided to go to China for a few days then come back and get another 90 day pass! Some people are all worried about when Koichi and I are going to get married, but I see it as my opportunity to travel every 3 months! Just not sure what I'll do when the money runs out...
Oh, before I go, one quick story. Last night K and I were having a serious discussion about how when one of us gets angry about something we have to discuss it in order to keep the same problems from coming up again and again. He never gets angry, so I guess now you know which one of us does. It's always about stupid things though so I want to work through it. The problem is neither of us are good at confrontation so to speak so it just never gets talked about. Then he goes to work for 12+ hours on Monday and has plenty of other things to fill the spaces in his mind while I'm home with nothing but free time to think about what happened. Anyway, I finally talked to him last night and told him that I don't think we have a chance of surviving if we don't talk about things that are important to either of us. If we don't tell the other what's on our mind, then how will they know what we're feeling, right? So I asked him if he had anything he wanted to say to me and he said something which would basically translate to,
"When you make fried eggs for me, I like a hard yolk."
I just laughed and told him I'd make sure to remember that! I'm glad he told me, but it amused me that I was being all serious talking about feelings and stuff and the only thing he could come up with was that my fried eggs are too runny for him. I find this quality endearing in a way!
This is a picture of a breakfast at a family restaurant here called Joyfull. It's the only egg pic I had!
And that's all I've got today. Off to get ready to run (cue Dixie Chicks) "ready ready ready ready, ready to run!!!"
I finished week 1 of my C25K training last week without any problems. I ran on Saturday morning by myself and Koichi stayed home and watched TV. I've decided I'm not going to let him slow me down, if he wants to join me then I'd love that, but I can't not be active just because he isn't! On a side note, he was off work yesterday (Wednesday) to make up for having to go to a meeting on a Saturday last month. I went out to lunch with Kazuko, Mayu and one of Kazuko's friends she wanted me to meet. Other than that K and I spent the whole day together and I didn't eat any snacks!!! Usually when I'm here through the week I control myself really well, but on the weekends when he's here I snack a lot because he snacks a lot. So I was proud of us yesterday. He snacked some, but it was while I was out, so it didn't affect me!
Anyway, back to my training...I totally love the iPhone app that tells me when to run and when to walk. I just listen to my music and get lost in my thoughts, except I don't really think about anything in particular. I mostly think about running and walking for a long time and at the end of the journey is this thinner, healthier me that I can't wait to meet! I know, it's a little cheesy!
That's really all I have today. I'm going to finish my breakfast and big glass of water and get ready to go. After running I have to shower and head into the city to my travel agent to pay for my trip to China in a couple of weeks! I have a friend living in Beijing so I'm going to visit her. The timing works out well because I have to leave Japan by May 12 for visa purposes. I'm currently on a travel visa which only allows me 90 days in the country. So rather than paying for a ticket all the way to Texas I decided to go to China for a few days then come back and get another 90 day pass! Some people are all worried about when Koichi and I are going to get married, but I see it as my opportunity to travel every 3 months! Just not sure what I'll do when the money runs out...
Oh, before I go, one quick story. Last night K and I were having a serious discussion about how when one of us gets angry about something we have to discuss it in order to keep the same problems from coming up again and again. He never gets angry, so I guess now you know which one of us does. It's always about stupid things though so I want to work through it. The problem is neither of us are good at confrontation so to speak so it just never gets talked about. Then he goes to work for 12+ hours on Monday and has plenty of other things to fill the spaces in his mind while I'm home with nothing but free time to think about what happened. Anyway, I finally talked to him last night and told him that I don't think we have a chance of surviving if we don't talk about things that are important to either of us. If we don't tell the other what's on our mind, then how will they know what we're feeling, right? So I asked him if he had anything he wanted to say to me and he said something which would basically translate to,
"When you make fried eggs for me, I like a hard yolk."
I just laughed and told him I'd make sure to remember that! I'm glad he told me, but it amused me that I was being all serious talking about feelings and stuff and the only thing he could come up with was that my fried eggs are too runny for him. I find this quality endearing in a way!
This is a picture of a breakfast at a family restaurant here called Joyfull. It's the only egg pic I had!
And that's all I've got today. Off to get ready to run (cue Dixie Chicks) "ready ready ready ready, ready to run!!!"

Talking about stuff in an issue that Eric and I have. Well, I have. :) I don't want to come across mean or angry or even needy when there are things I want to tell him.
ReplyDeleteRun Wendy Ruuuuunnnnn!!!! (say like Jenny from Forrest Gump.)
Love you!