I started week 3 of the C25K training on Sunday. This week I decided not to let the weekend or my boyfriend get in my way. He's not as dedicated to working out and trying to be healthy as I am and while I'd like to help him, I've realized I can only do so much and I absolutely cannot let him hold me back!
Saturday we had a wonderful day! We went to eat lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. It's a soup curry restaurant and it is always so delicious!
It's kind of a Thai curry flavor soup with whatever fillings you like. I always order something with lots of veggies, the broccoli, eggplant and pumpkin are always amazing!
After lunch we walked about 1km to Kagoshima Central Station so I could reserve bus seats to get to the airport for my upcoming trip. I'm flying out of an airport about 4 hours north of here so I'll bus it up there before and after my flights. We also stopped in an electronics store to price ovens. We'd already looked at the store we usually go to, but wanted to compare prices. Afterward we took the cable car back to where we'd parked so we could drive to the other store to look at prices again. Good thing we checked the first store too!!
Unfortunately I was wearing these really cute wedge sandals and I had not planned on walking so far. I ended up with like 8 blisters between my two feet. OUCH!! So after the second electronics store we ran by the apartment so I could change shoes before we headed back to the first store to buy this oven:
It was only a little more expensive than the one I originally wanted, but can cook twice as much at once. It was actually marked down around $250 because it was the last one, as in the demo oven that everyone touches. I figured I could clean germs off so we took it!
To celebrate, I made Koichi lasagna for dinner last night. He'd actually requested it a week or so ago and I told him I couldn't make it without an oven.
My lasagna which I ate half of for dinner and the other half for breakfast today. I know, who eats lasagna for breakfast?!
Koichi put his green peas in his lasagna to make them easier to eat, he'd never tried just green peas before and wasn't too impressed apparently.
Today I had a lesson with Kazuko. I wanted to get day 2 of week 3 out of the way, but it looked like rain so I did 3 miles of Walk Away the Pounds and a little Wii Fit Plus (which I purchased over the weekend) instead. I gotta say, I love the Wii Fit Plus. I liked the original, but this one is way better in my opinion!
We did the lesson, still on the article about cloned meat, met Mayu at the bus stop, and went for lunch. It may lead to an opportunity to teach some more private lessons too! Kazuko often went to the restaurant before with her old teacher from Canada and the women there seemed interested in learning English. Today she told them that I could teach them and I ended up leaving my name and phone number for them to contact me! I'm really hoping it pans out because I could use a little more pocket money. I feel a little bad for spending Koichi's money all the time =) After lunch we stopped by the supermarket and then they dropped me off. I did about 45 minutes more of Wii Fit Plus and then since the sky was partially blue and there was no rain, I changed into my running clothes and headed to my trail. It was full of high school kids running for after school practice, but I just turned my music up and got lost in my training. This week I warm up for 5 minutes then do 2 repetitions of the following: 90 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking, 3 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking...and let me say, it was tough! I never felt like I couldn't do it, but the 3 minute spurts were not easy! I just kept putting one foot in front of the other though and made it through! Ideally I'd do day 3 of week 3 on Thursday, but I leave for China that morning. I have to leave the apartment around 7 to get to the bus station. I've thought about getting up around 5 and going for my run, but realistically that probably won't happen. My friend that I'm visiting in Beijing is a runner and is training for the Beijing marathon, so I know she can show me somewhere to run. So hopefully my vacation won't get in the way of my training!
Saturday we had a wonderful day! We went to eat lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. It's a soup curry restaurant and it is always so delicious!
It's kind of a Thai curry flavor soup with whatever fillings you like. I always order something with lots of veggies, the broccoli, eggplant and pumpkin are always amazing!
After lunch we walked about 1km to Kagoshima Central Station so I could reserve bus seats to get to the airport for my upcoming trip. I'm flying out of an airport about 4 hours north of here so I'll bus it up there before and after my flights. We also stopped in an electronics store to price ovens. We'd already looked at the store we usually go to, but wanted to compare prices. Afterward we took the cable car back to where we'd parked so we could drive to the other store to look at prices again. Good thing we checked the first store too!!
Unfortunately I was wearing these really cute wedge sandals and I had not planned on walking so far. I ended up with like 8 blisters between my two feet. OUCH!! So after the second electronics store we ran by the apartment so I could change shoes before we headed back to the first store to buy this oven:
It was only a little more expensive than the one I originally wanted, but can cook twice as much at once. It was actually marked down around $250 because it was the last one, as in the demo oven that everyone touches. I figured I could clean germs off so we took it!
To celebrate, I made Koichi lasagna for dinner last night. He'd actually requested it a week or so ago and I told him I couldn't make it without an oven.
My lasagna which I ate half of for dinner and the other half for breakfast today. I know, who eats lasagna for breakfast?!
Koichi put his green peas in his lasagna to make them easier to eat, he'd never tried just green peas before and wasn't too impressed apparently.
Today I had a lesson with Kazuko. I wanted to get day 2 of week 3 out of the way, but it looked like rain so I did 3 miles of Walk Away the Pounds and a little Wii Fit Plus (which I purchased over the weekend) instead. I gotta say, I love the Wii Fit Plus. I liked the original, but this one is way better in my opinion!
We did the lesson, still on the article about cloned meat, met Mayu at the bus stop, and went for lunch. It may lead to an opportunity to teach some more private lessons too! Kazuko often went to the restaurant before with her old teacher from Canada and the women there seemed interested in learning English. Today she told them that I could teach them and I ended up leaving my name and phone number for them to contact me! I'm really hoping it pans out because I could use a little more pocket money. I feel a little bad for spending Koichi's money all the time =) After lunch we stopped by the supermarket and then they dropped me off. I did about 45 minutes more of Wii Fit Plus and then since the sky was partially blue and there was no rain, I changed into my running clothes and headed to my trail. It was full of high school kids running for after school practice, but I just turned my music up and got lost in my training. This week I warm up for 5 minutes then do 2 repetitions of the following: 90 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking, 3 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking...and let me say, it was tough! I never felt like I couldn't do it, but the 3 minute spurts were not easy! I just kept putting one foot in front of the other though and made it through! Ideally I'd do day 3 of week 3 on Thursday, but I leave for China that morning. I have to leave the apartment around 7 to get to the bus station. I've thought about getting up around 5 and going for my run, but realistically that probably won't happen. My friend that I'm visiting in Beijing is a runner and is training for the Beijing marathon, so I know she can show me somewhere to run. So hopefully my vacation won't get in the way of my training!



Running in China sounds like a great idea! and I want lasagna. Still haven't started my c25k yet but I do walk Tuesdays and Thursdays with a friend who's a runner. once I'm not so winded from walking she's going to start jogging with me. :) Keep up the great work Wendy!
ReplyDeletethe lasagna looked yummy! love it and now i want some--but it's so not on my diet!
ReplyDeleteway to go on the running thing! don't think i could jog for 3 min--and i walk everyday! hope you have great trip to China--am expecting lots of pics!
love you