According to my C25K app on my iPhone, my next workout looks like this:
The problem is, I don't know if I'm ready to run 20 minutes straight. Yesterday I did week 5 day 2 which was jog 8, walk 5, jog 8 with a warm-up and cool down of course. I made it through both 8 minute sections, but it wasn't easy! How do you go from jogging 8 minute stretches one day to jogging 20 full minutes the next?
I'm not one to say no to a challenge however, so tomorrow (Saturday morning) I will get up and promptly get my rear in gear and head to the nearby trail where I like to jog. It's exactly 500 meters long so I know one trip down and back is 1k. I guess it'll be interesting to see how many kilometers I can do in 20 minutes, assuming of course I can do even 1 =) (I'm halfway joking)
I start my new job next week, well sort of, I go Tuesday-Thursday just in the mornings. I officially start on Monday, May 31st. My hours will be 8-5 and I'll have to leave my apartment around 7:15 to catch the tram. I'm thinking now about how to manage my running time. I do my weight training at home in the evenings already so I don't think it'll be a problem to keep that up. My running however, I usually do in the morning after I get up, have breakfast and relax a bit. I'm worried that if I don't run in the mornings before I go to school then I'll quit. So my plan as of now is to wake up around 6am, maybe a little earlier, have some breakfast and get my run in before I go to work.
I AM DETERMINED NOT TO LET MY WORK SCHEDULE INTERFERE WITH MY WORKING OUT!!!
When do you like to run? What do you eat before running?
The problem is, I don't know if I'm ready to run 20 minutes straight. Yesterday I did week 5 day 2 which was jog 8, walk 5, jog 8 with a warm-up and cool down of course. I made it through both 8 minute sections, but it wasn't easy! How do you go from jogging 8 minute stretches one day to jogging 20 full minutes the next?
I'm not one to say no to a challenge however, so tomorrow (Saturday morning) I will get up and promptly get my rear in gear and head to the nearby trail where I like to jog. It's exactly 500 meters long so I know one trip down and back is 1k. I guess it'll be interesting to see how many kilometers I can do in 20 minutes, assuming of course I can do even 1 =) (I'm halfway joking)
I start my new job next week, well sort of, I go Tuesday-Thursday just in the mornings. I officially start on Monday, May 31st. My hours will be 8-5 and I'll have to leave my apartment around 7:15 to catch the tram. I'm thinking now about how to manage my running time. I do my weight training at home in the evenings already so I don't think it'll be a problem to keep that up. My running however, I usually do in the morning after I get up, have breakfast and relax a bit. I'm worried that if I don't run in the mornings before I go to school then I'll quit. So my plan as of now is to wake up around 6am, maybe a little earlier, have some breakfast and get my run in before I go to work.
I AM DETERMINED NOT TO LET MY WORK SCHEDULE INTERFERE WITH MY WORKING OUT!!!
When do you like to run? What do you eat before running?

Hello! Just found your blog through Jack Sh*t! I'm living in Japan, too! :)
ReplyDeleteI like to run in the morning! You can do 20 minutes - just keep a steady pace and don't wear yourself out too early!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! (If I did it, you can DEFINITELY do it!)
ReplyDeleteI like to run in the evening when the sun is going down. More people are in their homes eating dinner and not out on the roads/sidewalks. Oh, and I usually eat a piece of toast with peanut butter. I stay away from eating sugar beforehand because it makes my tummy feel ill about 10 minutes in.
I hope you find your balance with time and good luck at your new job!
:)
Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com
My problem is making myself do it all....but when I did do it, I liked very early morning or later at night the best. I'm so proud of you!!!! Love mom.
ReplyDeleteI usually run in the evenings, eat dinner around 4pm and run around 7:30. For me being at home with the kids all day it's a great way to end the day.
ReplyDeleteThat being said on weekends I normally will do a morning or afternoon run, all depends on what we are doing.