Today at school we made passion fruit mousse! One of my coworkers recently bought a Magic Bullet mixer which she brought for us to use. I so want one now! The mousse didn't set in time to eat it today so we get to eat it tomorrow.
Last night I got caught up reading my old blogs from when I first arrived in Japan. It was fun to read about my illiterate days and remember how I felt when I first came over here. I'm thinking of printing my archives and making a little book for myself. My cousin once suggested I write a book about my experiences. Who knows perhaps someday I will.
GOALS
I did quite well today!
1) I drank over 2 liters of water! I was so tempted by the half full 2 liter of Coke in my kitchen when I got home, but I resisted and have only had water.
2) I tracked my food in a notebook and then recorded it to sparkpeople when I got home.
3) I got in veggies at lunch and I've got a ton in my miso soup and my fish foil packet for dinner tonight!
4) No official exercise today, but I did run around and play with children until 2pm today.
I've been driving to work since last week which is taking out some of my walking throughout the day. Tomorrow (assuming it's not raining) I'm planning to use the tram which will help me get in a little exercise!
And now, as promised yesterday, a few pictures from the last 5 years here in Japan!
All the pulp from the passion fruits! We blended it and then strained out the seeds. Afterward we blended for 2 minutes with whipping cream and condensed milk. I can't wait to try some tomorrow!
Last night I got caught up reading my old blogs from when I first arrived in Japan. It was fun to read about my illiterate days and remember how I felt when I first came over here. I'm thinking of printing my archives and making a little book for myself. My cousin once suggested I write a book about my experiences. Who knows perhaps someday I will.
GOALS
I did quite well today!
1) I drank over 2 liters of water! I was so tempted by the half full 2 liter of Coke in my kitchen when I got home, but I resisted and have only had water.
2) I tracked my food in a notebook and then recorded it to sparkpeople when I got home.
3) I got in veggies at lunch and I've got a ton in my miso soup and my fish foil packet for dinner tonight!
4) No official exercise today, but I did run around and play with children until 2pm today.
I've been driving to work since last week which is taking out some of my walking throughout the day. Tomorrow (assuming it's not raining) I'm planning to use the tram which will help me get in a little exercise!
And now, as promised yesterday, a few pictures from the last 5 years here in Japan!
My first house! It was pretty large for just one person, but it was quite old! I lived there my first 7 months.
One of my favorite pics from around my neighborhood
My first massive spider! I was scared to sleep with him the house so I would sleep with a light on because he seemed to prefer dark rooms. I ended up killing him after a typhoon knocked out the power and I couldn't sleep for fear of the spider crawling on me!
One of my first (of many many more to come) class pictures. Those kids are now 2nd year college students!
My first time to dance in a festival.
My first trip to Osaka! I went to visit my friend Sarah (from the pic yesterday) for my birthday. This was the view from her place. Much different than what I was surrounded by!
And that is all for today! Tomorrow I plan to keep on keepin' on with my water drinking and get some exercise in as well.
Wow, those pics bring back memories from my travels to Japan as well.
ReplyDelete1. Your picture of Osaka looks like every picture of Osaka (I really just don't like it there).
2. I would have not been able to live with that spider either. Great story about killing it after a typhoon. Reminded me of Karate Kid II with the typhoon on Okinawa. Fight, Daniel-san!!
3. The Magic Bullet is awesome and as useful as the infomercial says it is. Get one.
Thanks for following my blog. I appreciated your comment. Ganbatemasho.