Smoothies at school
Today we made chocolate banana smoothies with the kids. Since it was just after lunch I was worried the kids wouldn't want to eat them, but even our pickiest little one had some and a couple of them even asked for refills!
3) I totally got in 5 servings of fruits and veggies!
4) I timed all my walking today which included: 1: house to tram 2: tram to school 3: school to tram 4: tram to school
Normally I would only get in about 10 or so minutes of walking, but after school I walked to a tram stop 3 stops ahead of mine which put me over the 30 minute mark for today! On top of that, I did a leg workout while watching a DVD which took me about 10 minutes so I got 40 minutes of activity in today!
Even though this is already quite long, here are today's looking back on the last 5 years pictures:
Today we made chocolate banana smoothies with the kids. Since it was just after lunch I was worried the kids wouldn't want to eat them, but even our pickiest little one had some and a couple of them even asked for refills!
Blending the smoothie with my coworker's magic bullet! The kids were surprised by the noise.
Smoothies at home
When I got home this afternoon I made myself a "green monster" which I first read about on a fellow blogger's site. Since I read about them I've been really hooked on them especially with the summer heat. They're so refreshing and full of good for me stuff! I've been experimenting with them, but today's included spinach, plain yogurt and all bran cereal. I put it all in my food processor with some ice and voila a green monster!
I like them with bananas too. I even added some leftover shiso leaves (I think it's perilla in English) one day and it added a new light flavor!
Goals
1) I drank 10+ glasses of water again today! I didn't drink anything but water or cold green tea all day!
Confession time: I didn't make myself a Coke to drink last night, but I did have a few sips of Koichi's.
2) I think I got all my food tracked on sparkpeople!
| Calories | Carbs | Fat | Protein | ||||
![]() | 1,449 | 148 | 52 | 54 | |||
| 1,500 - 1,850 | 197 - 284 | 39 - 68 | 60 - 153 | |||
| 51 - 401 | 49 - 136 | 0 - 16 | 6 - 99 | |||
| I probably missed a few calories here or there, but I'm quite sure I fit into my range of 1500-1850! |
4) I timed all my walking today which included: 1: house to tram 2: tram to school 3: school to tram 4: tram to school
Normally I would only get in about 10 or so minutes of walking, but after school I walked to a tram stop 3 stops ahead of mine which put me over the 30 minute mark for today! On top of that, I did a leg workout while watching a DVD which took me about 10 minutes so I got 40 minutes of activity in today!
Even though this is already quite long, here are today's looking back on the last 5 years pictures:
So it's technically not Japan, but had I not lived in Japan, I probably wouldn't have been able to visit Hawaii! I went to Hawaii to see my good friend Meghan for the winter holiday my first year. I'm waiting for her to move there again so I can visit!
One of many Mexican dinner nights I hosted! I love introducing Tex-Mex to my Japanese friends!
Snowboarding trip to Hiroshima! I pretty much sucked at snowboarding, but I had a good time!
Planting rice in my old town with the junior high kids.
My first Japanese junior high school graduation and having to say goodbye to all my favorite students :(
More to come tomorrow.

those smoothies look so good, wondering if my boys would like them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the trip down memory lane, loved the pictures.