This will be the day I attempt my first 5k race! That gives me right at 3 months to train. The C25K program takes 9 weeks which means after I finish it I`ll have an additional 3 weeks for extra practice! I`m very excited!! It`ll be great for me to have a real goal in mind.
Goal #1 - run It`s Monday morning here and I`ve got my first run of the week done! My goal is to get out and run everyday this week M-F and maybe on Saturday too. From Saturday I`m going on a 2 night camping trip with 14 students from the English conversation school where I work. I`m hoping it will be fun, but who knows... This morning I set my alarm for 6:00 to get out and run before Koichi woke up, but that didn`t happen. I ended up getting out of bed around 7:40. I made breakfast so Koichi could eat and then I packed his lunch while snacking on the watermelon that wouldn`t fit in his lunch box. I considered not running since it was already after 8:00. but I decided to just get out there and do it and now I`m glad I did! Goal #2 - eat healthy meals & track food About to make some breakfast now. I`m thinking I`ll make a green smoothie and have 1/4 of an avocado and some sliced tomatoes on the side, may even throw in an egg. Lunch will most likely be chicken taqu...
That's my 31st Birthday! What a great present!
ReplyDeleteThere's a 4mi run that starts in Central Park on New Year's Eve at midnight. If a more appealing NYE plan doesn't present itself I hope to do that. It's called Emerald Nuts Fun Run or something like that.