Alert the Press!
Noa Mary was asleep by 10:10 last night and pretty much slept through the night! I think I need to write this down in her baby book or something because since we moved we have not had many early nights. Ideally I`d like her to be in bed even earlier, but I`ll take what I can get. After she went to sleep I was able to put up laundry that had been folded the day before and sitting in the hall way, pick up the living room, wash dishes. That`s what I want to do every night, but usually that little ball of energy stays awake so late that I end up falling asleep with her, or OK I`ll be honest, sometimes before her and I get absolutely nothing done and wake up to a sink full of dishes.So hopefully, I can figure out the perfect schedule for us so that she`s in bed by at least 10:00, if not earlier. She did wake up and come out of her room once around midnight, but I met her in the hallway and picked her up and she fell right back to sleep. She also tossed and turned a bit and talked in her sleep through the night, but that`s normal for her. She must have dreams about Koichi pestering her because she`ll flail to one side, often whacking me up side the head with her little arm and say something like "No, daddy! Go away!" The way he antagonizes her drives me crazy sometimes. I tell him all the time that if he will just leave her alone she`ll end up coming to him.
It`s Thursday morning here now. I slept until just before 8:00 and woke up in time to tell Koichi to have a good day. He actually overslept and was barely on time to work. He got home around 11:30 last night and then stayed up watching TV and fell asleep on the couch. I don`t know why he won`t just go to bed when he starts falling asleep. It happens every single night! I`ve just started turning out all the lights and closing the door between the living room area and the hall way. No wonder he always feels tired though!
Today we are going to a play group we joined. We meet every Thursday and let the kids play for a bit while the moms prepare things for various events like birthdays and whatnot. Last week we had a picnic under the cherry blossoms and then the kids got to play outside for a while. There are two other 2 year olds besides Noa and 4 kids younger than Noa. I`m happy we found a group with kids who will be in the same grade as Noa so I can get advice about choosing a kindergarten for her. She`ll start kindergarten next April (they start the April after they turn 3). So I have to start going around to see where I want to send her now because we will turn in applications in October! Kindergarten isn`t required here, so she doesn`t have to go, but the majority of kids these days do a 3 year kindergarten program before going to 1st grade. Some places even have a 4 year program so she could have technically gone from this year, but I wasn`t quite ready to send her every day. I`m hoping to look for a day care that she can go to a couple of times a week so she`ll get used to being away from me again and to playing with other kids and following a routine. I`ve looked online, but I have to make that next step of calling and then going to see the places before I make a decision. There`s a daycare next door to our apartment, but they only take walk in kids from 1:00 - 5:00 and the first 2 hours of that time is spent napping. I`d rather take her for the morning if possible so we can get a good morning routine set up. I just have to get serious about finding somewhere.
Noa Mary was asleep by 10:10 last night and pretty much slept through the night! I think I need to write this down in her baby book or something because since we moved we have not had many early nights. Ideally I`d like her to be in bed even earlier, but I`ll take what I can get. After she went to sleep I was able to put up laundry that had been folded the day before and sitting in the hall way, pick up the living room, wash dishes. That`s what I want to do every night, but usually that little ball of energy stays awake so late that I end up falling asleep with her, or OK I`ll be honest, sometimes before her and I get absolutely nothing done and wake up to a sink full of dishes.So hopefully, I can figure out the perfect schedule for us so that she`s in bed by at least 10:00, if not earlier. She did wake up and come out of her room once around midnight, but I met her in the hallway and picked her up and she fell right back to sleep. She also tossed and turned a bit and talked in her sleep through the night, but that`s normal for her. She must have dreams about Koichi pestering her because she`ll flail to one side, often whacking me up side the head with her little arm and say something like "No, daddy! Go away!" The way he antagonizes her drives me crazy sometimes. I tell him all the time that if he will just leave her alone she`ll end up coming to him.
It`s Thursday morning here now. I slept until just before 8:00 and woke up in time to tell Koichi to have a good day. He actually overslept and was barely on time to work. He got home around 11:30 last night and then stayed up watching TV and fell asleep on the couch. I don`t know why he won`t just go to bed when he starts falling asleep. It happens every single night! I`ve just started turning out all the lights and closing the door between the living room area and the hall way. No wonder he always feels tired though!
Today we are going to a play group we joined. We meet every Thursday and let the kids play for a bit while the moms prepare things for various events like birthdays and whatnot. Last week we had a picnic under the cherry blossoms and then the kids got to play outside for a while. There are two other 2 year olds besides Noa and 4 kids younger than Noa. I`m happy we found a group with kids who will be in the same grade as Noa so I can get advice about choosing a kindergarten for her. She`ll start kindergarten next April (they start the April after they turn 3). So I have to start going around to see where I want to send her now because we will turn in applications in October! Kindergarten isn`t required here, so she doesn`t have to go, but the majority of kids these days do a 3 year kindergarten program before going to 1st grade. Some places even have a 4 year program so she could have technically gone from this year, but I wasn`t quite ready to send her every day. I`m hoping to look for a day care that she can go to a couple of times a week so she`ll get used to being away from me again and to playing with other kids and following a routine. I`ve looked online, but I have to make that next step of calling and then going to see the places before I make a decision. There`s a daycare next door to our apartment, but they only take walk in kids from 1:00 - 5:00 and the first 2 hours of that time is spent napping. I`d rather take her for the morning if possible so we can get a good morning routine set up. I just have to get serious about finding somewhere.
She`s gotten used to the members of the group and is starting to let loose and show her silliness with them.
The place we meet has a small playground for the kids to play on. She never ceases to amaze me with her fearlessness when it comes to playing outside. She climbs on everything, but at the same time seems to know her limits. I love watching her push herself to do more and more each time. I hope she never loses that desire to challenger herself to do more each time.
Really enjoy reading your posts
ReplyDelete