It`s 11pm here in Kyoto and I`m sitting at dining table typing this on my laptop. Koichi is asleep on the couch with the sports news playing on the TV. Notice I said he`s asleep on the couch. Why?! If he`s ready to go to sleep then why doesn`t he go to bed? Noa and I went to her room to start winding down around 9pm and at that time Koichi had already fallen asleep. So instead of just leaving him like I usually do I woke him up and told him if he`d just go to bed then rather than waking up in the middle of the night and watching TV again before going to sleep he`d probably feel better in the mornings. He actually listened and went to bed...for maybe 10 minutes. He always says if he goes to bed he can`t sleep, but if he`s in the living-room it`s like he can`t stay awake. IT DRIVES ME INSANE!
Why does the man have more clothes than Noa and me combined?! We have 2 closets in our apartment. Well, 2 made to be used for clothes. There`s one in each of the bedrooms. In our bedroom the closet is completely full of Koichi`s clothes! I organized it this week and there are so many shirts he hasn`t worn in who knows how long, but he won`t get rid of them! My hang-up clothes take maybe half of the space in the closet in Noa`s room. He also has 3 drawers of our 5 drawer dresser! I`ve been on a semi-minimalism kick since last year and got rid of a ton of my clothes. I actually got rid of too many probably because now I wear the same thing over and over.
I have asked him repeatedly to take his shirt out of the closet while still on the hanger and put the hanger on the rod I have placed over our washing machine, but he still just pulls the shirt off the hanger and leaves the hanger in the closet every single morning. AND WHY DOESN`T HE CLOSE THE CLOSET DOORS?
Tonight he actually asked me to look something up on the Kagoshima City Hall webpage tomorrow. I swear I think he forgets that I`m not Japanese and that I can`t just read through a page full of Japanese writing as easily as he can. I quickly pointed out that he could look up the page from his phone and print it without ever getting off the couch. Needless to say the pages he needed are now sitting on the dining table and I did not look them up!
I know you guys are probably thinking something along the lines of "Give the poor guy a break!" but don`t worry, the whole reason I`m sharing it here is to get it out of my head without blowing up at him. In the end everything that bothers me isn`t that big of a deal, but when I don`t have anyone to vent to it starts to feel that way. That`s the whole reason I decided to start blogging again in the first place.
Plus, there`s no doubt in my mind that he has a few complaints about me here lately as well, but he`s too nice to say anything. I certainly can`t jump on him for these small things until I have our apartment cleaned up and finish unpacking. Yes, we still have about 9 boxes left to unpack and it`s been almost 4 months since we moved. I`ve gotten stuck. All of our spaces are filled and I have nowhere to put the remaining things. So now I have to start going through the stuff I`ve already put away to see what we really need or what I can rearrange in order to put the remaining things away. That`s much easier said than done with Noa around though. I seem to accomplish very little these days and while that doesn`t really bother me too much, I can see it bothers him now and then. It`ll get done eventually, right?!
Ok, I actually do feel a little better now.
I do have one more thing to vent about.
Noa and I joined a play group that meets on Thursdays and for the most part I love it. However, once a month (I think, just once a month anyway) a nursery school teacher comes to lead the group in some rhythmic/baby massage type exercises. She seems nice enough, but I`ve met her 3 times so far and every single time she mentions wanting to do songs in English. I don`t know how to tell her that I don`t mind doing something now and then, but I`d prefer not to be put on the spot, and I`m not willing to do it more than once a month unless I`ll be getting paid. It irritates me when people assume that I`ll teach them English for free just because Noa and I are in their group! For now I will wait and see if she says something again next time I see her. Today she asked me what songs kids in the US sing about spring and seemed kind of surprised when I couldn`t come up with anything off the top of my head. She actually asked me if I remember what I used to sing when I was little. I chose to take this as a compliment that she thinks I`m still in my 20s or something and that my toddler days were a lot more recent than they actually were. I just kind of laughed and told her I couldn`t remember anything but I could look it up. I wouldn`t even mind if she talked to me this week about what she wants to sing next time so I have a chance to prepare something, even if it`s a volunteer kind of thing, but to just all of a sudden be expected to have something, when I`m a paying member just like everyone else, kind of pisses me off!
OK, now I`m done. Koichi is still snoring on the couch. Noa is asleep in her bed. I`m going to fold the laundry from today and get to bed myself. If you are reading this, wherever you are, I hope you have a lovely day/weekend!
Edit: At 11:51 Koichi woke up, turned off the TV and stood up to go to bed. He never noticed me sitting at the table. So I waited until he was about the leave the room and said, "Goodnight!" He jumped and I got the best laugh I`ve had today.
Why does the man have more clothes than Noa and me combined?! We have 2 closets in our apartment. Well, 2 made to be used for clothes. There`s one in each of the bedrooms. In our bedroom the closet is completely full of Koichi`s clothes! I organized it this week and there are so many shirts he hasn`t worn in who knows how long, but he won`t get rid of them! My hang-up clothes take maybe half of the space in the closet in Noa`s room. He also has 3 drawers of our 5 drawer dresser! I`ve been on a semi-minimalism kick since last year and got rid of a ton of my clothes. I actually got rid of too many probably because now I wear the same thing over and over.
I have asked him repeatedly to take his shirt out of the closet while still on the hanger and put the hanger on the rod I have placed over our washing machine, but he still just pulls the shirt off the hanger and leaves the hanger in the closet every single morning. AND WHY DOESN`T HE CLOSE THE CLOSET DOORS?
Tonight he actually asked me to look something up on the Kagoshima City Hall webpage tomorrow. I swear I think he forgets that I`m not Japanese and that I can`t just read through a page full of Japanese writing as easily as he can. I quickly pointed out that he could look up the page from his phone and print it without ever getting off the couch. Needless to say the pages he needed are now sitting on the dining table and I did not look them up!
I know you guys are probably thinking something along the lines of "Give the poor guy a break!" but don`t worry, the whole reason I`m sharing it here is to get it out of my head without blowing up at him. In the end everything that bothers me isn`t that big of a deal, but when I don`t have anyone to vent to it starts to feel that way. That`s the whole reason I decided to start blogging again in the first place.
Plus, there`s no doubt in my mind that he has a few complaints about me here lately as well, but he`s too nice to say anything. I certainly can`t jump on him for these small things until I have our apartment cleaned up and finish unpacking. Yes, we still have about 9 boxes left to unpack and it`s been almost 4 months since we moved. I`ve gotten stuck. All of our spaces are filled and I have nowhere to put the remaining things. So now I have to start going through the stuff I`ve already put away to see what we really need or what I can rearrange in order to put the remaining things away. That`s much easier said than done with Noa around though. I seem to accomplish very little these days and while that doesn`t really bother me too much, I can see it bothers him now and then. It`ll get done eventually, right?!
Ok, I actually do feel a little better now.
I do have one more thing to vent about.
Noa and I joined a play group that meets on Thursdays and for the most part I love it. However, once a month (I think, just once a month anyway) a nursery school teacher comes to lead the group in some rhythmic/baby massage type exercises. She seems nice enough, but I`ve met her 3 times so far and every single time she mentions wanting to do songs in English. I don`t know how to tell her that I don`t mind doing something now and then, but I`d prefer not to be put on the spot, and I`m not willing to do it more than once a month unless I`ll be getting paid. It irritates me when people assume that I`ll teach them English for free just because Noa and I are in their group! For now I will wait and see if she says something again next time I see her. Today she asked me what songs kids in the US sing about spring and seemed kind of surprised when I couldn`t come up with anything off the top of my head. She actually asked me if I remember what I used to sing when I was little. I chose to take this as a compliment that she thinks I`m still in my 20s or something and that my toddler days were a lot more recent than they actually were. I just kind of laughed and told her I couldn`t remember anything but I could look it up. I wouldn`t even mind if she talked to me this week about what she wants to sing next time so I have a chance to prepare something, even if it`s a volunteer kind of thing, but to just all of a sudden be expected to have something, when I`m a paying member just like everyone else, kind of pisses me off!
OK, now I`m done. Koichi is still snoring on the couch. Noa is asleep in her bed. I`m going to fold the laundry from today and get to bed myself. If you are reading this, wherever you are, I hope you have a lovely day/weekend!
Edit: At 11:51 Koichi woke up, turned off the TV and stood up to go to bed. He never noticed me sitting at the table. So I waited until he was about the leave the room and said, "Goodnight!" He jumped and I got the best laugh I`ve had today.
Comments
Post a Comment