Will be from China!
I fly out tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, April 22) at 3:10 pm Japan time!
I'm visiting a friend in Beijing.
This friend! Christy is from New Zealand and lived about 20 minutes from me last year. She only taught English in Japan one year and is now working in Beijing.
She's meeting me at the airport tomorrow night and I'm staying at her place for 6 nights!
On my list of things to do while in China are:
visit the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, maybe the Olympic sites and last but certainly not least, the Great Wall.
I also hope to visit the pearl market and silk market and maybe get a massage! I plan to eat a lot of delicious food and possibly try some Peking duck!
I fly back to Japan on the 28th and Thursday the 29th is the beginning of the Golden Week holiday. Thursday is a holiday, Friday is a regular work day, then Monday-Wednesday are holidays! Not sure what we're doing yet, but I should be able to post a blog complete with some pics from my trip on Friday while Koichi is at work!
I fly out tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, April 22) at 3:10 pm Japan time!
I'm visiting a friend in Beijing.
This friend! Christy is from New Zealand and lived about 20 minutes from me last year. She only taught English in Japan one year and is now working in Beijing.
She's meeting me at the airport tomorrow night and I'm staying at her place for 6 nights!
On my list of things to do while in China are:
visit the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, maybe the Olympic sites and last but certainly not least, the Great Wall.
I also hope to visit the pearl market and silk market and maybe get a massage! I plan to eat a lot of delicious food and possibly try some Peking duck!
I fly back to Japan on the 28th and Thursday the 29th is the beginning of the Golden Week holiday. Thursday is a holiday, Friday is a regular work day, then Monday-Wednesday are holidays! Not sure what we're doing yet, but I should be able to post a blog complete with some pics from my trip on Friday while Koichi is at work!
Wendy! You're going to have so much fun! I hope you get to go to all those places because they are all amazing. When I was there the olympic sites were still under construction. I did get to see the 'birds nest' though and it was really cool!
ReplyDeleteBe wise on what you buy because I purchased mostly crap and now I still don't know what to do with it. I wish I was a smarter buyer at the silk and pearl markets.