means no turkey for me :( A couple years ago I ordered a turkey online and had a Thanksgiving dinner at my apartment. It was Koichi and I along with 3 other Japanese couples. Great memories! I have a great photo (on my own computer) of Koichi slicing the turkey! Who would`ve thought I`d be in Japan for Thanksgiving 2 years later. I sure didn`t!
Good day so far. It`s just after noon now and I feel like I`ve accomplished so much already. I got up and made breakfast and K`s lunch. After he left for work I headed out for my exercise. I decided to start the C25K program again, but thought I could start in the middle somewhere rather than back at week 1 day 1. I looked through the workouts and opted to go with week 3 day 1 and made it just fine! My goal will be to get out to run 3 times a week and walk with Koichi on weekends. On the days I just don`t want to get outside I have several DVDs to choose from for variety.
After running I came home and did dishes and showered and headed to buy groceries for tonight`s dinner. I potentially have a lesson from 8-9:30pm tonight which will put me home around 10pm. Since that`s a little late to cook I decided to cook now and then just heat it up when I come in tonight. I made a recipe from the Campbell`s recipe book I bought at Costco last month. It`s a kind of Mexican style casserole which I think will be delicious! Looking forward to dinner tonight.
Leaving soon to go to my classroom. I have a lesson at 2:30 with four 3 year olds. They`re cute and always so energetic when I meet them. I`m trying to focus on teaching them the alphabet right now so they can recognize the shapes of the letters. They`re all pretty clever! My lesson tonight is with a 60 year old woman who is one of my old student`s grandmothers. Her daughter put us in contact because the mom wants to learn English for when she travels abroad. We met for the first time Monday night and we really clicked so I`m looking forward to the lessons. She`s going to have anywhere from 2-4 people for me per lesson so it`ll be pretty good money too!
Happy Thanksgiving from Japan!
Good day so far. It`s just after noon now and I feel like I`ve accomplished so much already. I got up and made breakfast and K`s lunch. After he left for work I headed out for my exercise. I decided to start the C25K program again, but thought I could start in the middle somewhere rather than back at week 1 day 1. I looked through the workouts and opted to go with week 3 day 1 and made it just fine! My goal will be to get out to run 3 times a week and walk with Koichi on weekends. On the days I just don`t want to get outside I have several DVDs to choose from for variety.
After running I came home and did dishes and showered and headed to buy groceries for tonight`s dinner. I potentially have a lesson from 8-9:30pm tonight which will put me home around 10pm. Since that`s a little late to cook I decided to cook now and then just heat it up when I come in tonight. I made a recipe from the Campbell`s recipe book I bought at Costco last month. It`s a kind of Mexican style casserole which I think will be delicious! Looking forward to dinner tonight.
Leaving soon to go to my classroom. I have a lesson at 2:30 with four 3 year olds. They`re cute and always so energetic when I meet them. I`m trying to focus on teaching them the alphabet right now so they can recognize the shapes of the letters. They`re all pretty clever! My lesson tonight is with a 60 year old woman who is one of my old student`s grandmothers. Her daughter put us in contact because the mom wants to learn English for when she travels abroad. We met for the first time Monday night and we really clicked so I`m looking forward to the lessons. She`s going to have anywhere from 2-4 people for me per lesson so it`ll be pretty good money too!
Happy Thanksgiving from Japan!
I've done Thanksgiving in Japan. Not nearly the same event as Christmas over there, but I hope you still enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that you are running again! Please keep posting on it and let us know how it goes!