I successfully completed my first day of doing Whole 30 and it wasn`t bad at all. I didn`t get around to cleaning/organizing my kitchen, so that`s my big goal for today. That and some breakfast meal prep and making a shopping list. I have been following several accounts on Instagram of people who make primarily Whole 30 approved recipes and I have a ton of them saved to try. But yesterday I realized that if I want to do this and be able to stick to it, then I need normal, everyday meals that I can whip up with what I have on hand. So I will try some new recipes for sure throughout this 30 days, but for the most part I want do it in a way that will be easy to continue in the long run.
Anyway, here`s my rundown of day 1.
Anyway, here`s my rundown of day 1.
Breakfast: fried egg on top of crisped potato rounds, a little bit of seasoned pork, tomatoes and 1/2 of an avocado with Everything but the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe`s which Meghan brought me!
Lunch: Salad with Romaine, tomatoes, avocado, and chicken breast tenders. On the side I had some dried pineapple and shredded coconut (not sweetened) and when you eat those two together it tastes a little like a pina colada!
Afternoon snack: banana with almond butter and coconut & iced coffee with coconut milk. I can`t be bothered to get out my blender every time I want to add coconut milk to my coffee so yesterday I found a little milk frother at the 100 yen store and it did the trick!
Y`all, I made homemade bacon! Bacon here is good, but it`s never quite like bacon at home. This was a recipe I saw on Instagram and it uses thin slices of pork belly, which is in pretty much any grocery store here, smoked paprika, cumin, and black pepper. I ended up adding a little salt as well. You bake it in the oven for around an hour and then pan fry it and it crisps up like bacon. So delicious! I will definitely be making more of this as we don`t have any sugar free bacon options here.
Edit: I had some leftover from last night and it`s even better this morning!
Dinner: I found this cut of steak which I just looked up and it says it`s a "chuck flap." I had that with some shredded Japanese sweet potatoes and kale which I sauteed in avocado oil, sauteed eggplant, and 1/2 an avocado. I bought the steak yesterday, but everything else was stuff I had on hand. I feel like this is the point of Whole 30 though, to make meals using simple ingredients and make sure to get some protein, lots of veggies, and some good fat into each meal.
Overall day 1 was not too bad. I am bad about nibbling and snacking a lot when we are home, which is most of the time these days, so that`s going to be a habit that`s hard for me to break. Baby steps!
Apparently my body will start to feel the effects of me not giving it any extra sugar within a couple of days of starting the program. I am not looking forward to that at all, but I will get through it!
OK, I am off to make my breakfast!
Comments
Post a Comment