I usually wake up around 7:00 every morning to make Koichi breakfast and prepare him a thermos of tea to take to work. I also get whatever trash goes out that day (burnables, recyclables, etc) ready for him to take on his way out. I usually stay up from that time, but today Noa came walking into the living room all bleary eyed around 8:00 and climbed into my arms and immediately went back to sleep. I sat there holding her for a while and around 8:30 took her to her bed where I decided to lie down with her for a few minutes. The next thing I knew, it was 11:00! The late start changed my normal eating times, but I still made sure to eat 3 meals.
Day 12 Meals
Day 12 Meals
Breakfast: omelet with ground pork seasoned with my homemade breakfast sausage seasoning & kale; salad; crispy potatoes
Iced coffee with coconut milk that was cold which made it all creamy
Lunch: I started feeling hungry around 4:00, but didn`t want to eat a huge meal then, but I also thought I should eat something more "meal" like rather than "snack" like. I had baked a couple of chicken breasts along with some potatoes to keep in the fridge to use through the week. I shredded some chicken and mixed it with the last drop of green goddess dressing and had it on top of baby greens, tomato, & black olives and I topped it all with jalapenos and black pepper. It was tasty and tided me over until dinner.
Dinner: "Chikuzen-ni" which is a boiled dish of chicken and root vegetables seasoned with soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sugar. Since I can`t have any of those right now I made some substitutions which of course affected the taste, but it was still pretty good. I also made a spinach and sesame seed dish and sliced cucumbers. I picked up a pack of bonito sashimi at the grocery store to have on the side. I thought Koichi might appreciate a more Japanese-y meal since I haven`t made anything Japanese-y in a while.
Here`s an English version of the recipe for "chikuzen-ni"
After dinner: I was craving something sweet (damn hormones) so I mashed a banana and added in a chunk of almond butter, frozen berries, and some coconut flakes.
Overall I think it was a pretty good day. I had a little more energy than I did on Monday, but not quite to where I was last week. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will be good again!





Comments
Post a Comment