Day 13, but day 2 of my monthly cycle... I don`t know about all of you, but for me, day 2 is the worst! I feel worse on that day than any other day of any given month. Over the last few years I have gotten a pretty bad headache around the time I start each month. Thanks hormones! I wondered if my change in diet this month would affect this and am sad to say that it didn`t. I still had a headache yesterday. I will say though that I usually get a headache 2-3 days before I start and this month I didn`t. I`m curious to see how I feel around this time next month since I will have been eating healthier for over a month at that point.
I did have a little more energy than the day before, but not much. I did ok overall on my eating I think.
Day 13 Meals
I did have a little more energy than the day before, but not much. I did ok overall on my eating I think.
Day 13 Meals
Breakfast: chicken fajita omelet with salsa, avocado, & cilantro on top; grapefruit.
1. This omelet was totally awesome! I just sauteed some leftover chicken with onions and bell peppers and some different seasonings that came up when I did a search for "Whole 30 taco seasoning recipe."
2. I`ve never been a huge grapefruit fan, but they were on sale this week so I bought one. I don`t know if it`s because I haven`t been overloading my tastebuds with sugar the last 2 weeks or what, but I actually enjoyed the grapefruit. It didn`t taste as sour as I always thought it did.
Lunch: baked potato with taco seasoned chicken, salad, jalapenos, grapefruit, & blueberries (my fav).
3:38 snack: leftover arugula with cilantro, chicken, jalapenos, and a little mayo.
3:50 snack: I tried to be good and not eat any fruit, but I had a craving for something sweet, so I had half a banana, almond butter, blueberries and a scoop of coconut cream (coconut milk that`s turned solid in the fridge).
Dinner: Pork chops, mashed potatoes, kale salad w/ cucumber & radishes & homemade ranch dressing.
This was maybe my favorite meal yet! I used these recipes...
The recipe uses the slow cooker, but I used my pressure cooker instead. Also, I didn`t have beef stock, so I used chicken stock. It was a great sauce for the pork chops and the potatoes!
There are so many good recipes on this site! I plan on making more in the near future.
I felt so tired last night that I fell asleep when I put Noa to bed, still fully dressed, and I didn`t wake up until around 6:30 this morning. I`ve felt pretty good today though, so hopefully my energy is on it`s way back!





Comments
Post a Comment