Last month one of my old students asked me if we would be free on June 25 and said she`s visiting Kyoto and would like to see us. She`s 20 years old now and I taught her when she was around 15 or 16 for several months before she went to California for a one-year homestay. We`ve stayed in contact through the years and would sometimes have dinner with her mom & sister in Kagoshima even though my student was living in Tokyo. They`re a sweet family and really love Noa and she really loves them.
We picked her up at the station just after 11:00 and headed to the mall for lunch at Tony Roma`s. I had a banana for breakfast.
The burgers and ribs looked so good, but I ordered the swordfish with double veggies for the sides. I didn`t eat the tartar sauce. Unfortunately I had a few bites of Noa`s chicken strips, fries, and honey mustard (which was so good, it`s not common here so it tasted extra good I think).
After lunch we went to a cafe for shaved ice and parfaits. I just ordered an iced coffee, but full disclosure, ate some of Noa`s strawberry shaved ice.
After dessert we came back to our place and Yukino played with Noa for hours. I actually fell asleep watching TV sitting on the sofa. It`s been ages since I was able to do that. I told Yukino I should pay her for babysitting. Instead we treated her to dinner at a Korean restaurant. We first went to a "yakiniku" (grilled meat) place, but there was an hour wait. Once back in the car we did a search on our navigation system and found a place called 3 Little Pigs; A Korean Kitchen, so we went to check it out. And I am so glad we did because it was delicious and had a nice atmosphere. And best of all, it was easy to take Noa!
Here`s a pic of our meat and veggies grilling. It was really cool, they set up a grill on a slant so all the grease drips down into a plate at the end. The staff does it all for us so we just have to enjoy eating! They put on the meat in long strips and then turn it over after a few minutes, then a few minutes later they cut it up and set it toward the bottom end of the grill to keep it warm. It comes with big green leaves of some kind of lettuce and a plate of 6 different things to flavor it with such as lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, and my fav sesame oil with salt. Koichi, Noa, and I will definitely be going to that restaurant again!



Comments
Post a Comment