Confession: I had a bowl of soup at Kyoto Aquarium that I can only hope was compliant. It was listed as Kyoto Vegetable Soup (Kyoto is famous for its veggies) and it was the only thing on the menu that I thought had a chance of being compliant, so it`s what I ordered. Noa had some chicken tenders and I thought I could take the breading off and just eat the chicken, but it wasn`t as easy as I thought and I caved and had a bite of her chicken tender. I was proud of myself though because instead of sliding down that slippery slope and having another bite, I reached into my bag and got out the cherry pie Larabar I had taken in case of emergency. This experience has reiterated for me that I have to be prepared when we go out! I need to order more Larabars since there aren`t many compliant snack options in my local markets. Of course I could always just take a banana!
So Noa and I biked to the aquarium yesterday. I have a free pass for the year, but hadn`t been in a couple of months. I really like the Kyoto Aquarium! I like it as much if not more than I liked Kagoshima`s Aquarium. I think it`s smaller area wise, but they have some really neat areas like the fur seal area and the penguin area. And the dolphin show is done outside which is really cool! Now they have these special experiences you can do, for a fee of course, including secret tours and feeding some of the animals. There`s a dolphin experience that I`d love to do, but you have to be 6 or older and since Noa isn`t 6 yet I`d have to do it on a day Koichi is off work to help with her. I may ask him to do it though because if you know me, you know I love dolphins. Yesterday Noa and I got to have our picture taken with a fur seal. It was only $5 since Noa didn`t have to pay. Here`s our shot:
So Noa and I biked to the aquarium yesterday. I have a free pass for the year, but hadn`t been in a couple of months. I really like the Kyoto Aquarium! I like it as much if not more than I liked Kagoshima`s Aquarium. I think it`s smaller area wise, but they have some really neat areas like the fur seal area and the penguin area. And the dolphin show is done outside which is really cool! Now they have these special experiences you can do, for a fee of course, including secret tours and feeding some of the animals. There`s a dolphin experience that I`d love to do, but you have to be 6 or older and since Noa isn`t 6 yet I`d have to do it on a day Koichi is off work to help with her. I may ask him to do it though because if you know me, you know I love dolphins. Yesterday Noa and I got to have our picture taken with a fur seal. It was only $5 since Noa didn`t have to pay. Here`s our shot:
When we finished Noa waved bye-bye and the fur seal waved back to her!
Ok, now onto my Day 8 eating:
Breakfast: the egg bake I made on Thursday which has carrots, onions, and asparagus in it and I had a salad on the side with the green goddess dressing, radishes, and leftover anchovies (I used them in the dressing). That egg bake is so good! I will make it again and am thinking I`d like to add some mushrooms to the veggie mix.
No pictures of lunch, perhaps because in my mind I knew I was messing up.
When we got home I was pretty hungry, but hadn`t prepared anything for dinner yet so this was a quick fix to tide me over. It`s Romaine lettuce with sardines, 2 with mayo; 2 with green goddess dressing; 2 with Dijon mustard. I love sardines, but would usually eat them on a cracker. The Romaine provided a nice crunch and a fresher taste, if that makes sense. I will definitely have this snack again!
Dinner: I have a big bag of potatoes and thought a baked potato with that green goddess dressing sounded good, so to go with I made some chicken seasoned with the Mrs. Dash I got in the mail earlier this week and in the same pan I blistered some peppers and sauteed some "komatsuna" which is Japanese mustard spinach. It was a good, filling dinner.
Noa went to bed just before 10pm last night. I was so glad she stayed up that late because she was so sleepy when we got home around 5pm, but I somehow kept her awake. I didn`t want another 2 hour evening nap and then all night partying with my toddler. I should have gone to bed with her or not too long after her, but I enjoy being alone at night. Koichi came home around 10:30 and he went to bed pretty quickly and I decided to watch a little TV in peace, which doesn`t happen often these days. I did use the time to make some marinated onions, a recipe I discovered on Instagram from a blog called No Crumbs Left. They were easy to make and I actually had some with my breakfast this morning and they were so so so good! If you like onions, and actually, even if you don`t, make these NOW! I read several comments on Instagram from people who don`t necessarily love onions, but love these.
Koichi is at work today so I am about to go shopping to get stuff to make for lunch, tonight`s dinner, tomorrow`s breakfast and tomorrow`s dinner. For lunch we will be out, but I think I should be ok because there`s a steak restaurant in the food court we will be in! I have been invited to go to a pub in the afternoon though. I will do my best to stay on track! Wish me luck.




Comments
Post a Comment