I successfully finished day 2 and my biggest takeaway was that I need to drink more water. I had a slight headache almost all day and sometime around late afternoon I realized that I hadn`t had a glass of water all day. Not a glass of just water anyway. I had sparkling water with breakfast and lunch and an iced coffee with my snack, but no plain water. I drank a big glass of ice cold water as soon as I realized that and within an hour my head felt better. I think getting outside in the evening also helped. Koichi worked today, he has to work one Saturday a month, so Noa and I stayed home. She ended up napping from around 3pm to 6pm and that`s why she and I are still up now at midnight. After she woke up I thought we needed to get her outside to use some energy so we biked to a really nice park near Kyoto Station. Then we took the scenic route home and ended up having dinner out. I was nervous to eat dinner out, but I think I have figured out a couple of kinds of places I can go with no problems during this 30 days!
Today`s meals:

Today`s meals:
Lunch: chicken salad made with homemade mayo, black olives, cilantro, and jalapeno wrapped in Romaine lettuce leaves. I had the walnuts on the side at first, but added them to the 2nd and 3rd wraps. I also had a few cherries.
Afternoon snack: same as yesterday
Dinner: Yakiniku (grilled meat) I skipped the rice and yakiniku sauce and opted for just meat, fresh leafy greens to wrap meat in, kimchi, and instead of the sauce I used garlic paste, salt and pepper. Since I didn`t fill up on rice I was able to enjoy a lot more meat than usual and Koichi got full before I did because he had a Korean rice dish called bibimbap, which I love, but turned down tonight!
Go me!
Since Noa is wide awake and enjoying cutting a piece of paper right now I am going to boil some eggs to use tomorrow and maybe chop some veggies as well. I read an article by a woman I`ve been following on Instagram and she recommended to make your fridge and pantry into an all-you-can-eat buffet by packing them with already cooked meats, pre-chopped veggies and Whole 30 approved dressings and sauces in order to make meal time simple. I definitely think that for me simple is best at this point because I have too much going on in my mind to be good at meal planning right now. I think a good goal for me will be to try 1 or 2 new recipes a week and other days keep it very simple.


Comments
Post a Comment