I have made it 1/3 of the way through my 30 days! Woohoo!
Day 10 Meals
Day 10 Meals
Breakfast: spinach scrambled eggs, leftover chicken, cherry tomatoes, pineapple & watermelon.
Lunch: Sirloin steak with garlic chips, grilled onions, and broccoli
The mom & kids group we are in stood at the grocery store in a mall near Kyoto Station for an hour Sunday to collect yellow receipts. Every month on the 11th the receipts at the grocery store are printed on yellow paper. Different groups have boxes near the registers or sometimes actual people standing there holding the boxes for the receipts. The store adds up the total of all the receipts collected and the group which collected them gets 1% of that total in gift cards to the mall. So that was yesterday and we all decided to have lunch in the food court together afterward. My only option was a steak place and usually this would come with corn and have some butter on the steak, but I asked for modifications and they were happy to comply. Of course the other moms were curious about why I didn`t have rice with my steak, so I took the opportunity to tell them what I`m doing. I figure the more support I have around me the better!
After lunch I went to a nearby pub with one of the moms, her husband, and their 2 boys. Last Thursday I mentioned to the moms that I miss speaking English because I have no English speaking friends here. That night G-chan sent me a message telling me about the pub and that there are lots of foreign customers there so she wanted to take me. I thought that was really sweet. She and her husband love to drink so they shared a pint and the family had a brownie and ice cream dessert which looked so good! I had a black iced coffee.
In the evening we decided to go to the aquarium because they are having a special firefly exhibit in the evenings this month. Once we got there Noa said she was hungry so I got her some chicken and Koichi had an ice cream cone. I had a banana and some walnuts.
Dinner: Tuna sashimi with coconut aminos, sesame oil, avocados, cucumber, black sesame seeds; seaweed salad with sesame oil and vinegar; cucumbers with green goddess dressing; pineapple.
Overall I think I had a pretty good day! Oh, and in case you didn`t know, I`m 1/3 of the way done!



Comments
Post a Comment