I didn`t let my one bite of chicken tender on Friday mess up what I`ve got going! When I decided to do this Whole 30 thing in June I told myself that I can`t let a mistake ruin the whole month and I am proud of myself for not letting that one bite turn into one chicken tender or one meal or one day. Because I know had I done that I would have lost control totally!
Day 9 was a pretty easy day eating wise because Koichi had to work which left Noa and I to hang out. Last week I had to buy some bandaids for her and she chose the box with the Frozen characters, but she`s never seen Frozen. I`ve been using lots of bandaids on her because there are tons of mosquitoes out around our place and she constantly has bites on her legs that she scratches until they bleed, so try to keep them covered up with bandaids to deter her from scratching. Anyway, every single time I put a bandaid on her she asks me who is on it and I tell her, "That`s Anna." or "That`s Elsa. That`s Olaf." She said she wants to watch Anna and Elsa on Friday so I tried to rent it from our satellite TV, but they didn`t have it for some reason. We hadn`t been to a video rental store since we moved so I looked it up and the closest one is about 3.5 kilometers from our apartment. I figured I could ride that on my bike so I strapped Noa on and we headed to the rental store. We ended up renting Frozen, Lady & the Tramp (because we saw eggs decorated like them at Disneyland), and Inside Out (which I really want to see). On the way home we stopped at a grocery store we usually don`t go to which was a nice change of scenery. Now that I have a bicycle and am feeling more comfortable riding it to different places we can venture to some different stores around our area.
Day 9 Meals
Day 9 was a pretty easy day eating wise because Koichi had to work which left Noa and I to hang out. Last week I had to buy some bandaids for her and she chose the box with the Frozen characters, but she`s never seen Frozen. I`ve been using lots of bandaids on her because there are tons of mosquitoes out around our place and she constantly has bites on her legs that she scratches until they bleed, so try to keep them covered up with bandaids to deter her from scratching. Anyway, every single time I put a bandaid on her she asks me who is on it and I tell her, "That`s Anna." or "That`s Elsa. That`s Olaf." She said she wants to watch Anna and Elsa on Friday so I tried to rent it from our satellite TV, but they didn`t have it for some reason. We hadn`t been to a video rental store since we moved so I looked it up and the closest one is about 3.5 kilometers from our apartment. I figured I could ride that on my bike so I strapped Noa on and we headed to the rental store. We ended up renting Frozen, Lady & the Tramp (because we saw eggs decorated like them at Disneyland), and Inside Out (which I really want to see). On the way home we stopped at a grocery store we usually don`t go to which was a nice change of scenery. Now that I have a bicycle and am feeling more comfortable riding it to different places we can venture to some different stores around our area.
Day 9 Meals
Breakfast: egg bake w/ hot sauce; kale salad w/ green goddess dressing; some sauteed pork and komatsuna w/ smoked paprika; marinated onions
Iced coffee break around 11am. I also had a little snack before we left to go to the video store and the ingredients were only dates and figs. I figured it would tide me over until we got home and I could make lunch.
Lunch: avocado and salmon sashimi w/ coconut aminos, sesame oil, cucumber, and sesame seeds; sliced veggies w/ green goddess dressing; watermelon & pineapple. This is a good fix for my occasional sushi cravings!
Dinner: shrimp and broccoli saute; baked potato (I enjoyed Friday`s baked potato so much I decided to make them again only this time I baked them the right way); kale and avocado salad w/ green goddess dressing; marinated onions.
Overall I think I did pretty good. I did have a couple of sips of Noa`s juice, which has no added sugar so is technically compliant with the program, but frowned upon because by doing this program you are trying to train your body not to crave sugar and having fruit juice doesn`t help with that. It was just a sip though, so I`m not going to worry much about it.




Comments
Post a Comment