If you read anything about the Whole 30 you will see the term "non scale victories (NSV)" on their website and in their books. They say the program isn`t about losing weight and they encourage participants to focus on their own NSVs. As a matter of fact, they ask that we not weigh ourselves during the 30 days because often the number on the scale becomes a distraction from what you`re doing. I weighed on day 1, June 2 for me, and made a note. I had intended to take measurements as well, but didn`t get around to doing that until June 10.
I have noticed a couple of NSVs of my own and thought I`d share them here.
1. I am sleeping so soundly! It may be that Noa is sleeping more soundly as well, but these past few days I feel like I am falling asleep faster and once I`m asleep it`s a sound, deep sleep which helps me wake up feeling more rested.
2. I have so much energy! I wrote last week about the day I was able to clean our apartment because of all the energy I had and it didn`t end that day. I have felt pretty energetic everyday since then!
3. Some of my pants are looser! I haven`t weighed since day 1, but I can tell that I am losing inches (or centimeters according to my measurements) because the pants I put on today were looser than the last time I wore them!
4. I am actually using vegetables in my fridge before they ruin! I have a bad habit of not checking to see what I have before I go shopping and end up throwing too many veggies away because they ruin. However, the last 10 days I have been using so many more fresh veggies when I cook that nothing has the chance to ruin. I am also checking the freezer to see what meat or seafood I have to use before I look up dinner ideas!
5. I`m not feeling hungry before meals and on days that I think I am hungry I have started to have a glass of water or green tea first and then if I am hungry I will eat a snack. The ultimate goal is to get enough good fat and nutrients from each meal to keep me feeling full until it`s time to eat again. I have come to realize that snacking all day is just a bad habit I have and I do it because I am bored, not because I am hungry!
I think that`s about all for now, but as I notice more NSVs I will write about them.
I have noticed a couple of NSVs of my own and thought I`d share them here.
1. I am sleeping so soundly! It may be that Noa is sleeping more soundly as well, but these past few days I feel like I am falling asleep faster and once I`m asleep it`s a sound, deep sleep which helps me wake up feeling more rested.
2. I have so much energy! I wrote last week about the day I was able to clean our apartment because of all the energy I had and it didn`t end that day. I have felt pretty energetic everyday since then!
3. Some of my pants are looser! I haven`t weighed since day 1, but I can tell that I am losing inches (or centimeters according to my measurements) because the pants I put on today were looser than the last time I wore them!
4. I am actually using vegetables in my fridge before they ruin! I have a bad habit of not checking to see what I have before I go shopping and end up throwing too many veggies away because they ruin. However, the last 10 days I have been using so many more fresh veggies when I cook that nothing has the chance to ruin. I am also checking the freezer to see what meat or seafood I have to use before I look up dinner ideas!
5. I`m not feeling hungry before meals and on days that I think I am hungry I have started to have a glass of water or green tea first and then if I am hungry I will eat a snack. The ultimate goal is to get enough good fat and nutrients from each meal to keep me feeling full until it`s time to eat again. I have come to realize that snacking all day is just a bad habit I have and I do it because I am bored, not because I am hungry!
I think that`s about all for now, but as I notice more NSVs I will write about them.
Comments
Post a Comment