Skip to main content

Day 16: I slipped, but not too far...

Since Noa did so good at the dentist on Friday I told her we could go to the dog cafe to see her favorite dog, a little 10 year old white Pekineses named Mikan (which means orange). Noa talks about Mikan all the time. She LOVES dogs and is always wanting to pet random dogs we pass.
We got a late start so I had a banana while at home and we stopped for an early lunch on the way to the mall with the dog cafe.

  
These 3 pics are from lunch. The first time we went to the dog cafe we discovered this hamburger and steak place called Bronco Billy. They have good steaks and a really good salad bar, a rarity over here. I did my best to stay compliant with my salads. The steak came with fries and corn which I gave to Koichi and Noa. It also came with bread which Koichi said he`d eat...so much for eating Whole 30 with me, huh!

 
I cracked up at him trying to be discreet in his bread eating.

After the dog cafe we stopped for a snack and Noa and Koichi had Baskin Robbins ice cream. I bought a pack of pistachios and this organic cold pressed juice. The juice was so good! Too bad they`re $5 a bottle and I can`t have them everyday. It had mandarin orange, melon, chili pepper, kale, and ginger in it with no added sugar or funky ingredients. I may need to try to recreate it. I liked the hint of spice the chili pepper added.

This was dinner at Costco. This is where I slipped up! I didn`t eat that ice cream. I had the salad around the beans and dressing. I got maybe 2 bites with dressing on them. I had purchased a box of sweet potato snack packs and a box of olive snack packs, so I took them with me to eat so I`d be able to eat more than just the salad. When we were first deciding what to order I told Koichi to get me a hot dog and I`d just eat the dog, no bun. After Noa and I sat down I decided I just couldn`t let myself do that on day 16. I had come this far, I needed to finish out my 30 days. So I called him while he was in line and told him to just get me the salad. Of course when Noa didn`t finish her hotdog it was just there, calling my name, and I gave in and had a couple of bites of her dog, no bun. It stopped there though! Was I disappointed I had given in and eaten something not allowed on the Whole 30? Yes, absolutely. However, I was very proud of myself for not ordering and eating the whole hotdog like I originally intended to do. And I was really proud of myself for not ordering a slice of pizza because it looked and smelled so good and I really really love pizza. So while I did technically break the "rules" and eat something not allowed, I also feel like these past 2 weeks have helped me a lot too and that it`s the beginning of me changing my relationship with food.

My Costco haul! I enlarged it so you can see what I was able to get to help me through these final 2 weeks of the Whole 30.
I was excited to find a few things I can use in emergency situations such as the apple sauce, the Chew & Real sweet potato snacks, and the packs of olives. I also picked up a bag of almonds so I can attempt to make my own little snack bars. I found canned tuna with nothing but tuna, olive oil and salt. I got all beef hamburgers, frozen shrimp, frozen veggies. Now I am excited to plan my menu for the next couple of weeks.

My salad, olives, and sweet potatoes didn`t quite fill me up so after we got home I mixed a can of tuna with some homemade ranch and made a little plate to eat. It was late, but I was hungry and couldn`t sleep. This did the trick.

Minus the couple of bites of hotdog, which I will admit were so tasty, I felt like I did pretty good on Saturday. Now that I have a few more emergency situation snacks I feel even more confident about going out on weekends. I can`t believe I just have 2 more weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week`s goals

Goal #1 - run It`s Monday morning here and I`ve got my first run of the week done! My goal is to get out and run everyday this week M-F and maybe on Saturday too. From Saturday I`m going on a 2 night camping trip with 14 students from the English conversation school where I work. I`m hoping it will be fun, but who knows... This morning I set my alarm for 6:00 to get out and run before Koichi woke up, but that didn`t happen. I ended up getting out of bed around 7:40. I made breakfast so Koichi could eat and then I packed his lunch while snacking on the watermelon that wouldn`t fit in his lunch box. I considered not running since it was already after 8:00. but I decided to just get out there and do it and now I`m glad I did! Goal #2 - eat healthy meals & track food About to make some breakfast now. I`m thinking I`ll make a green smoothie and have 1/4 of an avocado and some sliced tomatoes on the side, may even throw in an egg. Lunch will most likely be chicken taqu...

TGIF

I love Fridays! Thursdays are pretty long for me and I have a few tough classes and then on Friday I have a really easy day with good kids and almost the entire day free. Plus, the weekend is near! Yesterday I was lucky to finish at 4:30 in the afternoon. I had to do some shopping for our upcoming camping trip so I texted my friend Kazuko to see if I could drop by her place. She said yes and I picked up some take out curry and headed over. We had dinner and talked and I played with her kids who are so adorable. It was a nice break from the kids I get to see everyday! I needed to get away from my everyday routine so it was a good visit. Here`s what I`ve got going on today: 1) fold and put away laundry (I`m bad about folding and leaving!) 2) clean kitchen and dining room table 3) Swiffer floors because they`re gritty with volcanic ash 4) exercise at 9:00 (that will make 3 days in a row) 5) Face Time with my sister!! I love planning things to do on the weekends. So far this wee...

Headache -> Cancelled plans

I was supposed to have friends over for a 鍋 (hot-pot) party tonight. I`d invited Kazuko`s family and Miki`s family and we were all looking forward to a fun evening eating, drinking, talking and laughing. Unfortunately I have had a headache since yesterday evening so my plans were cancelled. I thought it would be better when I woke up this morning, but it wasn`t. I went to work at 9:00 for a lesson and thought some coffee would help, but it didn`t. After work I decided to suck it up and go to the gym to work out thinking the exercise would clear my head and take the pain away, but it didn`t. After I came home I discussed with Koichi that I would take some medicine and if my head was still hurting around 3:00pm that I would contact both friends and cancel the evening. Around that time I got a message from Kazuko that her son had a runny nose and that he and her husband would stay home because she didn`t want his germs to spread to Miki`s 8 month old baby. So I made the decision then to g...