No matter what happens this round of Whole 30, at least I can say it went better than the first time! Also, I have decided that should I mess up, not that I`m planning to, I will get back on track from the next meal and just adjust my finish date. Of course my goal is 30 clean eating days though, so I will do my best.
Day 4 went pretty good I think!
Day 4 went pretty good I think!
It`s hard to see since I have green on top of green here! Breakfast was 2 of the chicken fajita egg cups I had leftover with salsa and cilantro on top. Y`all, these are seriously delicious! I also whipped up a quick hash type thing with shredded Japanese sweet potato, kale, mushrooms and tomato which I seasoned with smoked paprika and salt.
Again with the green plate! I saw this idea on an Instagram I follow. It`s a salad with a hamburger patty on top. I didn`t have any onion or pickles, but I did have pickle juice which I added to the salad. I put homemade mayo on one side and mustard on the other and it tasted like a delicious hamburger! Ooh, I can`t wait to eat a good hamburger when I`m in Texas. For anyone reading this wondering if I will still be doing Whole 30 while I am there... I most certainly will not! My goal after this 30 days is to find out how my body reacts to certain foods and generally eat healthy, but not deny myself of any of the things I love.
Before lunch Noa and I walked to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things, like coffee which I was out of and for some reason hadn`t ordered this week (I get a weekly grocery delivery). Anyway, before we left I was already feeling a little hungry, so I ate a pack of walnuts before heading out the door to stave off the hunger until we got home and it worked!
Snack time; dried pineapple, cashews, coconut flakes and coffee with coconut milk.
I just had to throw this one in here today because how big does she look? She asked to go to the park in the afternoon and it was good for both of us to get outside I think.
Dinner was roasted chicken breast which I seasoned with Trader Joe`s 21 Seasoning Salute seasoning and then seared in a pan before roasting in the oven. On the tray with the chicken I roasted some Japanese sweet potato with olive oil and salt. And on a separate tray I roasted okra. I LOVE okra. I think I roasted it a little too long because it was almost dehydrated and like okra chips, which gave me a whole new idea! At first I just had the chicken, okra and sweet potato on the plate and it didn`t look like enough so I added some baby greens with olive oil and vinegar.
We had dinner just after 8:00. I should mention that after the park Noa and I took a bath right away because she was a sweaty mess. Our bathtub has a timer on it, so I just put the plug in the drain and set the timer to the time I want the bath run by and it does it all for me. So today I set it for 5pm before we headed out and it was perfect. After we took a bath she was hungry so I gave her some rice and Anpanman (her favorite character) brand curry mixed in. She ate over half of it and looked like she might fall asleep. She asked me to hold her and we sat on the sofa and sure enough she was out by about 6:30. While we were eating dinner she came stumbling into the room and asked to be held, so I finished up my dinner and then sat on the sofa with her again. She went right back to sleep, so I sat there with her for a bit watching TV with Koichi. Around 9pm I decided I would just go to bed to in case she slept through the night but woke up super early.
Just as I expected she did wake up super early telling me, "Mommy, wake up just a little! I want water. I`m hungry!" So I checked my phone to see what time it was thinking it had to be 2:00 or 3:00 and it was midnight! Seriously?! Anyway, I got up with her and got her something to eat and some water. We called my sister for FaceTime chat which is always nice, especially now that it`s summer vacation for her and we can talk during the day. And since I was up I made a pan of homemade bacon and some banana chia pudding to eat with breakfast later today!
As a literal midnight snack I had dried pineapple, golden berries and cashews and I opted for this Moroccan mint tea which is caffeine free instead of my usual coffee.
I don`t know if it`s because I read it and so my mind thinks it must be true, but I am feeling less bloated than normal today. Apparently around days 4-5 people tend to not be very happy, as in they want to punch people. Luckily I didn`t feel that today. I think it helps that I am only with Noa all day. As a matter of fact, I did get a little frustrated with her in the morning so maybe that was the extent of my bad mood for day 4...I hope so. I warned Koichi just in case!
It`s just after 3am here now so I am going to try to get Noa to go back to bed with me. Oh wait, my bacon is in the oven, but I have to fry it up to finish it off, so I think I`ll do that now and then go back to bed.






Comments
Post a Comment