I don`t know if being out almost all day Sunday was to blame, or if it`s because of PMS, but on Monday I wanted to snack and sleep all day long. I had zero energy most of the day. I finally got a little burst in the early evening, just in time to clean the kitchen and prepare dinner (thank goodness for sheet pan meals I can bake in the oven). I gave into my sugar craving in the evening and had some dried fruit. Hoping to be able to JUST SAY NO today (day 12)!
Day 11 Meals & Snacks
Day 11 Meals & Snacks
Breakfast: my last chicken fajita egg cup (must make more!), leftover baked potato sauteed with kale & covered with green goddess dressing (loved this!), blistered chili pepper (not spicy), tomatoes, avocado, pineapple
Snack: egg salad I had in the fridge from last week; jalapenos; grapes
Lunch: I`ve been craving Mexican so I made 3 chicken tenders and mixed them with salsa and made a salad of kale, tomatoes, salsa chicken, jalapenos, coconut milk sour cream, chipotle seasoning and I had pineapple on the side. One of my favorite tacos ever is called the Tacos Al Pastor which are pork tacos with lots of spice and pineapple. The first time I had them, at a Mexican restaurant in Fukuoka, Japan, I was skeptical, but they were so tasty! Adding the pineapple on the side yesterday reminded me of those tacos. Now I am thinking I may have to try to recreate some sort of Whole30 approved Tacos al Pastor salad or something.
3pm pick me up: iced coffee with coconut milk
Snack at 5:55 pm: golden berries; cashews; coconut flakes
Dinner: Salmon, okra, zucchini & cherry tomatoes all baked on a sheet pan; baby leaf green salad with black olives and tomatoes w/ olive oil, vinegar, & Everything but the Bagel spice.
I am trying to make sure to drink lots of water throughout the day and not just coffee all day like I want to. I am excited to be almost half way finished. I have started thinking about how I will eat once I am finished with Whole30 and at this point think that I will continue to eat similar to how I am eating now when I am home, but relax about eating out now and then. I think this 30 days is getting me away from eating so many sweets (which I admittedly had a problem with before I started this) and using so many processed foods and I think those are both good things. I have learned how to make things on my own rather than buy mass produced products like mayonnaise and dressing. Today I am going to attempt making BBQ sauce and ketchup! I am even thinking of trying to make my own snack bars with dates, almonds, and coconut flakes (have to make a Costco run to get almonds first).
Non Scale Victory
I can`t say just yet that all of my aches and pains are gone, but I realized yesterday that my left hip didn`t hurt and honestly I can`t remember the last time I could say that. I pretty much always have a dull pain, not so bad that I can`t move or anything, but it`s always there, especially when I stand up, and now it`s not bothering me at all! I also found another pair of pants, which I hadn`t worn in ages, but I remember being a bit snug the last time I did, and yesterday I was able to wear them comfortably. Things like this make me really excited to see how my weight and measurements have changed. I am tempted to weigh now to see if my weight has gone down, but I am not going to because I don`t want a smaller change than I expect or, GASP! an increase, to deter me from finishing this 30 days. So I will wait to weigh until July 2 which will be Day 31.






WC...you are an amazing lady. Kudos to you. Great job.
ReplyDeleteThanks Anonymous. I`m guessing you must be pretty great too if you are reading my blog ;)
Delete