I have only been thinking of this 30 days in terms of days, but yesterday a mom from our mom & kids group who was visiting my place pointed out, when I told her I was on day 14, that I had made it 2 whole weeks! 2 WEEKS, y`all! I love saying that. I haven`t had any added sugar, bread, rice, soy, or alcohol for 2 whole weeks! As I am typing up this entry I am actually on day 15, the halfway point. I am feeling so good today. I have my energy back. I`m feeling lighter again. And looking slimmer, which is definitely a good perk of this 30 days. I am excited to tackle the second half!
Before I get to my eating on day 14, I have to share another NSV. Back in late November I needed an outfit for our yearly family picture, which we have taken around Noa`s birthday the last 2 years. I went to a store in a mall in Kagoshima with plus sized clothes and was able to find a pair of pants. They were black and had an elastic waist, which I wasn`t sure about at first, but they ended up being so comfortable. It was the first time I had ever bought a pair of pants in Japan and I had been living here since 2005! I have always just waited until I got home to shop for clothes or occasionally I would order something online and have it sent to someone back home who would then send it to me, or in really lucky situations, bring it to me when they visited! Anyway, I bought a pair of pants and a long shirt. Well, before we moved in January I decided I would need a couple more pairs of pants and went to the same store. I tried on the exact same size I had bought not even 2 months prior and they were so tight. I ended up getting a pair of jeans (not elastic) and a pair of tan pants just like the black ones I`d gotten in November, only I had to go up a size. I thought to myself right then and there that I didn`t want to go up anymore. Then we moved. And I felt sad and I suddenly had nothing but time. I went from working at several places in Kagoshima to being home with Noa all day and what did I do during those days at home? I snacked constantly. I made meals at the regular times, but I was literally snacking all day long. Every time I went into the kitchen I would take a bite of something. Every time I got something for Noa to eat I would have a bite. After a few weeks I noticed my jeans and my tan pants were starting to feel tighter and that worried me. It`s what prompted me to weigh for the first time since we moved and discover I had gained around 5 kilograms (about 11 pounds) since we left Kagoshima. To make a long story short, something I have never been good at, those tan pants, the ones a size bigger than the black ones, the ones that had started to get tighter after our move, they`re feeling a little loose now!
Ok, now for my meals on day 14!
Before I get to my eating on day 14, I have to share another NSV. Back in late November I needed an outfit for our yearly family picture, which we have taken around Noa`s birthday the last 2 years. I went to a store in a mall in Kagoshima with plus sized clothes and was able to find a pair of pants. They were black and had an elastic waist, which I wasn`t sure about at first, but they ended up being so comfortable. It was the first time I had ever bought a pair of pants in Japan and I had been living here since 2005! I have always just waited until I got home to shop for clothes or occasionally I would order something online and have it sent to someone back home who would then send it to me, or in really lucky situations, bring it to me when they visited! Anyway, I bought a pair of pants and a long shirt. Well, before we moved in January I decided I would need a couple more pairs of pants and went to the same store. I tried on the exact same size I had bought not even 2 months prior and they were so tight. I ended up getting a pair of jeans (not elastic) and a pair of tan pants just like the black ones I`d gotten in November, only I had to go up a size. I thought to myself right then and there that I didn`t want to go up anymore. Then we moved. And I felt sad and I suddenly had nothing but time. I went from working at several places in Kagoshima to being home with Noa all day and what did I do during those days at home? I snacked constantly. I made meals at the regular times, but I was literally snacking all day long. Every time I went into the kitchen I would take a bite of something. Every time I got something for Noa to eat I would have a bite. After a few weeks I noticed my jeans and my tan pants were starting to feel tighter and that worried me. It`s what prompted me to weigh for the first time since we moved and discover I had gained around 5 kilograms (about 11 pounds) since we left Kagoshima. To make a long story short, something I have never been good at, those tan pants, the ones a size bigger than the black ones, the ones that had started to get tighter after our move, they`re feeling a little loose now!
Ok, now for my meals on day 14!
Breakfast: kale and crispy potato sautee, boiled egg, avocado, black olives, grapefruit
Lunch was leftover pork chops and mashed potatoes. We had a couple of moms and their sons from our Thursday group over for lunch after we all met at the daycare next door for a free craft activity in the morning and I got busy and forgot to snap a photo. After eating the kids played and the 3 of us sat and had some iced coffee with almond milk (no sugar added) and I had a few strawberries.
Dinner: I had a couple of frozen saute packs, one with asparagus & scallops and the other with asparagus, shrimp, & squid. They both had a pack of sauce in them, but I made my own instead. To go with the seafood stir fry I made cauliflower fried rice and egg drop soup, both recipes I found on Nom Nom Paleo
It was pretty tasty!
That`s it. I am making it through Day 15 now. Getting Koichi`s Father's Day gift ready and have to take Noa to the dentist this afternoon. Wish me luck. The last couple of times we haven`t been able to do what needs to be done because she refuses to let the dentist look at her mouth. She says she can do it today, but we will see!


You go girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks TGAS!
Delete